Anyone have hard shifting after the car gets warm.

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car seems to get notchy after warming up and hard to shift at higher rpm. I currently have a archer racing carbon kevlar clutch. I am thinking that it is wearing out and that may be the problem any other ideas would be great. I have bleed the slave cylinder and it also has synthetic fluid in the tranny. The tranny was replaced 7000 miles ago under warr. So I know that it is fine. Thinking of replacing the clutch with a spec stage 3 or 2. What do you all think. I am running a roe blower with 10lb pulley and water ****, also a little nitrous. I just need to resolve the shifting problem first.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '95 shifts like a dream until I stuff my toe nails into the fan blades. All fluids are fresh and I installed a new B&M shifter. Same problem with both shifters. Realized that these trannys do not shift like the old Muncies. I remember an old post that said to shift these trannys like the shifter is made of glass. Off the throttle between shifts like a road racer. Definitely can't plant the foot to the floor and start banging gears. You will find the rev limiter every time.