Anyone have the drag coefficient #'s of 1994 Dodge Viper?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Toyota Supra had a Cd of .32 and the Turbo model had .34 because of the spoiler. When I bought my GTS, I seem to remember it was either .38 or .40 and nothing to be proud off. I don't think the RT would stand a chance at those numbers. BTW, the Tesla Model S claims .24 and the Prius .29.:crazy2:

P.S. Just came across this wiki page and most numbers seem to match what I remember. The RT is listed at .45 while the GTS is .35. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient.

OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Toyota Supra had a Cd of .32 and the Turbo model had .34 because of the spoiler. When I bought my GTS, I seem to remember it was either .38 or .40 and nothing to be proud off. I don't think the RT would stand a chance at those numbers. BTW, the Tesla Model S claims .24 and the Prius .29.:crazy2:

P.S. Just came across this wiki page and most numbers seem to match what I remember. The RT is listed at .45 while the GTS is .35. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient.

Very good info thanks...The RT-10 seems like a brick in the air stream...too bad..It looks slicker standing still then it realy is.

Arthur

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good info thanks...The RT-10 seems like a brick in the air stream...too bad..It looks slicker standing still then it realy is.

Same theory as the what they used on the F4 (and AC Cobra). You can make a brick fly if you put enough power behind it. Sleek looks don't always translate to low cd; but, you still get the job doone, with the total package.

You must be registered for see images

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'm thinking the RT10 is more like the Warthog. Brutal power, unrefined, a beauty in the eye of the beholder, and makes you say "Oh ****" when you see it coming at you :headbang:.

You must be registered for see images attach

Same theory as the what they used on the F4 (and AC Cobra). You can make a brick fly if you put enough power behind it. Sleek looks don't always translate to low cd; but, you still get the job doone, with the total package.

You must be registered for see images

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cd is for cars that are looking for max fuel economy or reduced load under high speeds due to lack of power. Viper has neither problem.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what are you comparing the prius to the viper? take the spoiler off the viper, give it narrow tires, and it's Cd would drop. a prius needs no aero handling mods and can be shaped like an egg becuase that is what it was designed for. take a prius to the skid pad and see how well that .29 Cd works out for ya

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456