Anyone have this lift: Atlas Garage Pro 8000 EXT (Exta Tall) - Greg Smith?

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Greg smith 8000 EXT lift? it is not as wide as the rest of the tall lifts but also comes with shorter runways (165" in length). my 2 car garage has a single 16' wide door so I need a narrower lift to be able to pull the wife's jeep next to the lift without her taking out a post on her way in but wanted the lifting height to park a Jeep under it...

my concern is that the viper is ~175" from bumper to bumper and the runways are 165". I don't think it is an issue for 5" of each bumper to be "hanging" off the front and back of the lift. I drew out the runways and columns with duct tape on my garage floor and parked my 2006 SRT10 coupe on the marks and it should be no issue but I wanted to see if anyone else had this lift and put their Viper on it?

Garage specs: Inside its 22' x 22' wall to wall with 11' ceiling height from floor to the nearest obstacle - garage door opener is high lift w/ liftmaster side mount. I though that I had everything figured out with ceiling height/concrete specs and didn't think twice about the 16' wide door until I measured for the rotary revolution and realized I wouldn't have room to park anything next to it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go big or stay home. Until recently I had limited space, a bit more than you mentioned. There are several options I was/am considering for my home garage.

Kwiklift.com (great casters move the car around while it is up)
maxjaxusa.com (move one post out of the way when not in use)
There are also several designs of scissor lifts available. Google automotive scissor lifts

One of the downsides is that you'll have to get a shop stool to work on them because they don't go high enough to walk under. Nevertheless, I'm still considering one of these for my home even though I have a four post in another garage. Incidentally, my four post is average sized but if I wouldn't have gotten such a great deal on it I would have gotten bigger one, width and length.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Dannmar D7-x. It will fit in your garage and it's so big that it pushes the posts out to the extreme corners of the bay. So you could push 2 posts to the corners and the runways would still align with the door. car I love mine after 2+ years. The only thing I would change would be diamond plate runways instead of the sand finish but it's a solid lift and an awesome value. the price is up $350 since I bought mine but it's still a bargain. My garage is 38x20.

http://www.gesusa.com/Commander-7000X-Portable-4-Post-Parking-Lift-p/1375644.htm

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Nice setup V10enomous!

I really need the narrower overall width due to garage specs or else I would have gone with the rotary revolution. My only concern was 165" run way length and a 175" long Viper. I am using this lift for storage and oil changes.

Hopefully it works because I ordered the 8000 EXT from Greg Smith.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Dannmar D7-x. It will fit in your garage and it's so big that it pushes the posts out to the extreme corners of the bay. So you could push 2 posts to the corners and the runways would still align with the door. car I love mine after 2+ years. The only thing I would change would be diamond plate runways instead of the sand finish but it's a solid lift and an awesome value. the price is up $350 since I bought mine but it's still a bargain. My garage is 38x20.

http://www.gesusa.com/Commander-7000X-Portable-4-Post-Parking-Lift-p/1375644.htm

I'm in the process of installing a Titan. Looks identical to your Danmar but it has the diamond plate runways.

You guys realize that except for some minor differences, all these 4 post lifts are basically the same right? Pretty sure all the steel comes from one, maybe two manufacturers.

vbzatty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the single post lift they sell. Has runways so you can still service underneath but with only 1 post against the wall it won't get in the way of the second vehicle.

Colby

torquepower85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go big or stay home. Until recently I had limited space, a bit more than you mentioned. There are several options I was/am considering for my home garage.

Kwiklift.com (great casters move the car around while it is up)
maxjaxusa.com (move one post out of the way when not in use)
There are also several designs of scissor lifts available. Google automotive scissor lifts

One of the downsides is that you'll have to get a shop stool to work on them because they don't go high enough to walk under. Nevertheless, I'm still considering one of these for my home even though I have a four post in another garage. Incidentally, my four post is average sized but if I wouldn't have gotten such a great deal on it I would have gotten bigger one, width and length.

MaxJax is nice. Also V10emous that's a nice garage you got there. Def go with Dannmar car lift or BendPak car lift imo. :usa:

Last edited:

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think nothing beats a 4 post lift, and with the wheel kit, you can move the lift from time to time in a different garage spot...I also feel toally safe under a 4 poster compared to a 2 post and the wheel/suspension hanging down against the frames...my $.02

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying the regular 8000 this spring. My neighbor has it and its a nice lift.

I think you'll like that lift

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be getting the tall Pro Park or Car Park in the near future so will be curious to hear your thoughts post-install. Speaking of which, did y'all try it yourself or did you hire someone?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave