Anyone Have used cat delete pipes?

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like to try a set over my hf cats. Anyone have a used set around they don't need and want to part with. I'd like something louder than my hf cats and Belanger catback
You must be registered for see images attach

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment Im running Stock headers and turnouts, I then cut the stock cats off the car and used a 3" steel pipe I picked up at an auto store and clamped it both ends to my Bellanger Cat back system. Its Loud 128db. You do get a hell of a lot of fumes flowing around the car :( That part is not nice. I might have a problem with the air flow flaps in the trunk? Not sure. With a Autoform 4 blade rear diffuser fitted on the car it helps to get rid of the fumes from the exhaust.

I purchased some Belanger headers from a guy on the Alley, but found one side has been distorted (possibly in an accident) So I have not been able to fit these :( I have also bought a second hand pair of Hi Flows which might help with the smell?

If you take your Wife or Girlfriend out in the car they will not like the fumes with the cats removed ;)

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got rid of my cat delete pipes in favor of shorty split flow mufflers -To me,the cat delete was just too loud-With the split flow mufflers,the sound is just right and less resistance than running a high flow cat-Just my thoughts-however,you can just replace your cats with straight pipe if you wish and see how you like it-That's what I did at first.

OP
OP
H

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment Im running Stock headers and turnouts, I then cut the stock cats off the car and used a 3" steel pipe I picked up at an auto store and clamped it both ends to my Bellanger Cat back system. Its Loud 128db. You do get a hell of a lot of fumes flowing around the car :( That part is not nice. I might have a problem with the air flow flaps in the trunk? Not sure. With a Autoform 4 blade rear diffuser fitted on the car it helps to get rid of the fumes from the exhaust.

I purchased some Belanger headers from a guy on the Alley, but found one side has been distorted (possibly in an accident) So I have not been able to fit these :( I have also bought a second hand pair of Hi Flows which might help with the smell?

If you take your Wife or Girlfriend out in the car they will not like the fumes with the cats removed ;)
Lol no worries , if she no like she no ride
I got rid of my cat delete pipes in favor of shorty split flow mufflers -To me,the cat delete was just too loud-With the split flow mufflers,the sound is just right and less resistance than running a high flow cat-Just my thoughts-however,you can just replace your cats with straight pipe if you wish and see how you like it-That's what I did at first.
id like to fi d a used pair. If I don't like I go right back to hf cats

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all your looking for is a 3" pipe then just go to any exhaust shop and ask them to cut one for you. They can expand the ends to make it a slip joint or leave it be and use the 3" wide band clamps.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all your looking for is a 3" pipe then just go to any exhaust shop and ask them to cut one for you. They can expand the ends to make it a slip joint or leave it be and use the 3" wide band clamps.

Precisely what I did! Took a measurement, went to shop told them what I needed. Went home and installed.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do. 3" though. I was going to hang on to them just in case I didn't like the hi-flows I put on in March. I couldn't imagine me wanting to go back to catless.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you guys who are running without cats throwing any codes?

I did initially after 200 miles. Nothing after that. But I also zip-tied my rear O2's up out of the way, just to be sure it didn't happen again
PCM loved how well the "cats" were functioning :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 throws codes every couple of hundred miles, It comes up with O2 sensor codes cat emissions :D

I carry a code reader and just reset it every now and again. .....Update, 'Zed Sump' has lent me some O2 sims, you unplug the rear O2 sensors and plug in the O2 sims, So far No codes :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss