Anyone here familar with Stealths?

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this isnt a viper related issue but I am trying to figure something out. I have a 91 stealth RT, it is a high mileage unit but runs fine. The problem is that it "stutters" or "chugs" under acceleration. It is almost like a miss but not. I am pretty sure this is a fuel issue but am not 100%. Any help is appreciated.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this isnt a viper related issue but I am trying to figure something out. I have a 91 stealth RT, it is a high mileage unit but runs fine. The problem is that it "stutters" or "chugs" under acceleration. It is almost like a miss but not. I am pretty sure this is a fuel issue but am not 100%. Any help is appreciated.

Is it a twin turbo?

I'm assuming you checked all the obvious things like plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel quality, etc.?

The turbo engines have knock sensors. Not sure about the n/a engines. When they get old, this molasses looking junk leaks out of them and they start to get hyper active and/or completely fail. This results in the ECU pulling back the timing which would cause the exact symptom you're describing.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send a PM to RTTTTed because he has a Stealth. His name is Ted and will help you however he can.

Cheers
Jason

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that the Stealth/3000s were really picky about spark plugs, I tried the platinum plus4in my twin turbo, spent 6 months and lots of $$$ to find that those plugs were the problem.

You can also try contacting the 3/s group on line, they used to be quite active, although I haven't followed them in about 5 years. Good Luck.

James

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes visit 3si.org. They have a great website with all of the info that you would need. I was a member for 8 years when I owned my FWD 3000GT that I did a twin turbo conversion on. They do have some punks on there but if you just do a search I am sure that you will find your answer. Good luck!