Anyone interested in a fun project Gen 2?

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by pjkinsella, Aug 7, 2019.

1. pjkinsella

pjkinsella Enthusiast

I'm considering selling my 1998 GTS King Snake. Regret is welling up in me as I type this, but I hate to see this car sit in my garage and not get the attention it deserves. I am not a fan of garage queens.

This car is NOT a showroom car and thus will require a specific kind of buyer. This car has been modified over the years and is asking for more. It has a story behind it, and I don't believe the story is over just yet.

I am the second owner, and the mileage reads somewhere around 46,000 (posting this from work, so I need to check). The mileage isn’t completely accurate, but it is very close. I have logged the little bit of driving I’ve done since the speedometer hasn’t been functioning (more info below).

Note: the dyno sheet attached wasn't the best run, but this is the only one I have on hand. It registered about 630whp on the final run.

What it has:
    • TNT Motorsports King Snake 002 (see King Snake 001 here: ).
    • Diamond pistons, Oliver billet rods, Comp cam, T&D Rockers
    • 11.1:1 compression
    • MS3Pro ECU
    • Custom fuel system (Weldon 14000 fuel pump controller and D2035-A Fuel pump, 42lb injectors, and AN-10 and -8 lines).
    • Full exhaust with custom single exit muffler/tip
    • 3.45:1 Rear diff, Unitrax half shafts
    • Spec twin disc clutch
    • BC Racing Coilovers with Swift springs
    • Rattler wheels
    • OEM wheels
    • Included but not installed: rear mount Autoform wing.
    What it needs:
    • Body work/paint:
      • The hood needs to be resprayed, badly.
      • The driver door has some fiberglass damage.
      • The rear bumper has some minor damage on the passenger side.
      • There are a couple of other minor paint issues.
      • The paint has a few areas with the infamous bubbling.
    • Electrical work:
      • The speedometer hasn’t been functional since the new ECU was installed. It can be done by utilizing the factory ECU (still installed and hooked up for the security system), or by figuring out how to set it up with the MS3Pro.
    • Mechanical work:
      • New thermostat (keeps temp stable in warm weather, but cools too much in cold weather).
    • Someone to drive it!
    Bottom line: This is a really cool car that needs to be tweaked and driven, maybe even raced. If you ever wanted a Viper that you weren’t scared to modify, this is it.

Asking $42,000.00
    I'm not in a hurry (in fact, I've hesitated to post this a couple times already)

Feel free to email me with questions, but give me some time to respond as I'll likely do so in batches. [email protected]

gts3.jpg gts2.jpg gts1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lane_viper

lane_viper Enthusiast

No disrespect but $42k is a tall order for a car with that extent of issues. IMO the mods detract value.

I'm just giving my opinion.

If you do sell it, I wish you luck in finding it a good home.

3. pjkinsella

pjkinsella Enthusiast

Thank you for your opinion and wishes of luck.

4. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Now that’s an honest ad.....

5. pjkinsella

pjkinsella Enthusiast

That's the idea! It'll take a certain type of person to see the value. The funny thing is that all of the modifications are the reason I don't want to let it go. There are so many things I'd like to do to the car that I just wouldn't be able to let myself do if it was a perfect specimen. Also, over 600whp N/A doesn't hurt the appeal...