Anyone know a garage door guy in Tampa area?

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a car lift installed in my garage yesterday, now I need a high lift kit installed on my garage doors, like this. I would do it myself but I'm due in Afghanistan in a week and don't have time to get spun up on garage door knowledge, and source parts. Any help much appreciated. Thank you, Bart

OP
OP
L

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm revisiting this for anyone else looking, PM for contact info for Roy. I found a local garage door business that was able to help me. It's a one man show and the guy was very sympathetic to my Afghanistan return date. He showed up to look at my garage/door and came back the next day to finish the job. We did both doors, an 8' and 16', and raised the tracks 18". I helped which did bring the cost down and I think helped seal the deal.

The same day he came out for the quote, I had 3 other garage door companies quotes me 3 times more and had to order parts which would take two weeks to complete. Roy, being an owner gave me a fair and reasonable price. Considering I only lived in my house a few days before flying out I would ave paid anything to get the job done. Roy sourced the parts locally and put his own kit together. The guy was a professional and a pleasure to work with. I was more than satisfied.

Bart

Last edited: