Anyone know this Viper

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper prices are all over the place these days. It seems way too low if it is as advertised.

Alot of people are hurting and this car may pay the mortgage for a year.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be Carefull just before I purchased my SRT in late January this year there were a handfull of Vipers on AutoTrader that were way low. The Formatting was identical (different cars) with the pricing shown the same way, as part of the photograph. I never could get a satifactory answer when calling.....

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I am going nuts waiting to be in a position to buy my new toy and I WILL atleast post on here before buying to see if I can get help checking out a potential Viper. You guys are great at providing feedback from what I have seen.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the reply from this guy. I wonder why he does not want me to finance the car? Hmmmm.

Brandon Tequell <[email protected]>

The car has a clear title, is in an excellent condition, no dents or scratches, it was always garaged and regular maintenance and oil changes were done in time. Hasn't been involved in an accident or flood damage. The motor runs very well. You know the price and if you want extra photos just let me know! I don't want to offend you but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply.

--
Brandon

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
where is the car located. Im sure someone lives close to it. On the vette forums we would stop by to see a car for a fellow member.

That scam is listed at half price.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is a scam I wish I knew a law enforcement person who could nail this guy.

When my car was listed on AutoTrader, it was scammed and "duplicated" several times. Using my Pictures and all. Of course asking price was $25k less... WHENEVER you see an Autotrader Ad with the price embedded in the pictures, its an automatic scam...

The reason is, Autotrader has (as most sites do) automatic security measures placed into their site to avoid underpricing.. If you go and list a 2008 Viper for lets say $15,000.. Unless its a salvage and wrecked car. The ad will never make it through, onto their site "live". It will be red flagged for price... And removed... Unless they can confirm its legit.

So, what the Scammers do.. Is, they list it for a very HIGH/normal price, lets just say $80,000... Then go back once the ad is "live", and edit the pictures, with a new price, in BOLD print, edited "into" the picture.. Then after a few more days, they might go back and edit the Autotrader price to $999,999. What this does, is make the car show up FIRST when you look for Vipers. Because the default for auto-trader is highest price first.. Then once you click the pictures, you see $15,400... The whole time, the car stays "off" the Auto-trader hit list..

These scam ads usually do not last long, maybe 1-2 days... They have a team that searches all day for them.. But all it takes sometimes is few hours, and they have a victim.. PRICE DOES SELL CARS.... So if you list a Viper for $15,000.. You WILL get calls, LOTS OF THEM..

The problem is, Autotrader has xx,***,*** listings. And theses scammers get more and more creative all them time. Moving on to different makes and models.. Its a full time job for them, at this point. But they ARE very aware of the problem. The scammers also pull numbers off Yellowpages and use them for the Ad.. So if you call the number, it will either be disconnected, or the person will have no idea what Viper your calling about..

I have called Autotrader, and had Ad's reomved. Only to find 2 days later, another one popped up.. I gave up on it, once the car was already gone.. But it is a huge problem..

Again, ANY autotrader AD, that has the price IN the listing PICTURE IS FAKE!!!!!!!!

They register the accounts with bogus email's (usually Hotmail) and then just delete and make a new one, and re-register the Ad. I'm sure the Ad is paid for with a stolen credit card as well.

Its a shame... But in all honesty, and I mean no offense to anyone.. If you believe you can buy a clean, non-salvage Viper for $15k. you DESERVE to lose the $15k, Im sorry... Come on guys, we are all intellegent here.. There are "good" deals out there, and then there are "unbelievable" deals out there...

You need to ask yourself which one you have.....

Any person who owns a Viper can drive it to a local hosaler, Carmax,etc,etc. AND WALK AWAY WITH A CHECK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Now, that check will be for dead Galves Value, which is about $25-$30k for a GTS, and $55k for a 2008 Coupe. Which Im sure very few will accept. But it can be done.

Why in the world would someone sell a GTS for $15k??? Answer is, they wouldn't..