Anyone notice the new Viper rims are almost copied from the Z06?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing,,,even though the design is very close, the LOOK is dramatically different.

While next to a current style Viper the SRT/10 looks very toned down, next to the Vette it looks much more dramatic.

Guess it depends on your frame of reference.

Believe Dodge will sell every ragtop they can make!

From this view the vette looks like it has a very ugly snout.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Z06 rims are copied from the original GTS-R concept car!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Z06 Wheels" are actually replicas of the F1 wheels and the
style is not a "Vette" original at all.

Though the style may be similar, there are hundreds of variations
that all look some what similar.

2Charmed

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
Hey Dyck, glad you like it. You're gonna spend a lot of time looking at the rear of it through your windshield! 500/500/500

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================================================

I didn't say I liked it.

Of all the potential designs, concepts, they settled on the least exciting design. Why?

One of the greatest things about the original Viper is that the concept car design went into production virtually unchanged. Most concept designs become muted when they go into production.

The GenIII carbody design doesn't have any where near the flair of the Gen I and IIs. Does the GenIII look good? Of course! But I'm just disappointed that they didn't put the **WOW** into the design like the original.

BTW, I doubt I will be looking at the rear of it through my windshield.......I already have those numbers in my GenII. I guess that brings up another point; the Gen III is not much of an improvement in power and performance over the Gen II either.

The Gen III should look as wicked as possible, and have wicked power to match....like 575-600hp. Afterall, the Diablo 6.0 has about 575, so why not??

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Dyck:
==============================================================

I didn't say I liked it.

Of all the potential designs, concepts, they settled on the least exciting design. Why?

One of the greatest things about the original Viper is that the concept car design went into production virtually unchanged. Most concept designs become muted when they go into production.

The GenIII carbody design doesn't have any where near the flair of the Gen I and IIs. Does the GenIII look good? Of course! But I'm just disappointed that they didn't put the **WOW** into the design like the original.

BTW, I doubt I will be looking at the rear of it through my windshield.......I already have those numbers in my GenII. I guess that brings up another point; the Gen III is not much of an improvement in power and performance over the Gen II either.

The Gen III should look as wicked as possible, and have wicked power to match....like 575-600hp. Afterall, the Diablo 6.0 has about 575, so why not??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm Diablo 200,000 plus vs Gen III Viper for about 70,000.
For about 10-20,000 that Gen III would be at 600hp plus and the
Diablo doesn't look all that great to me. The Countach was the Lambo timeless design in my opinion. I too wish the Gen III carried more of the original Viper design, but it was too close to perfect as the Gen II. The Gen II was a hard act to follow, what other classic body style could they imitate? In the Viper
quarterly there were other designs I liked better, but they too
would have had their critics.
Just my .02 worth

2Charmed

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Viper wheels don't look anything like the bow-tie wheels - just take a honest look. Also, how many vettes have you seen with a cross-hair grill, exposed headlights and a scoop on the hood?

I don't what you guys are sniffing, but keep it away from me!!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks like a **** someone tried to square off.

I dont really like it. The comp coupe is cool but give me my viper with the new powerplant.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can some one take that picture of the '03 and place a picture of a gen 1 and 2 do them all in the same post for a side by side comparison. Can you make them all the same color, of course I perfer yellow!
Thanks if you can do it!

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SapphireGTS:
I think it looks like a **** someone tried to square off (and polish).

I dont really like it. The comp coupe is cool but give me my viper with the new powerplant.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================================

Good point. Hope you don't mind the revision to your post.

cool.gif

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must see it in person to know if I like the design. With the Gen I, II pic's don't do justice, but I could tell the car was awesome. With the Gen III the pics are really flat, I kinda like it as a car, but in person is the trick. On another note, I see Robert's comment on the power, I haven't mentioned it because it's been made such a big "positive" deal, but I don't think the 500/500/500 is such a big deal. Like most, I'm already at those numbers (sans displacement), considering the design is an arguably more vanilla one than the GenI,II, I would have expected a more dramatic rating change in power - like the 550hp territory. I'd also like to see it with a comp coupe style removable hardtop.

I'm still praying to see this darn thing in person!

Dave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets