Anyone running the Mopar MSD 6AL ignition control?

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been under the impression that MSD didn't make an MSD box for the Viper, but looks like they actually do.

Amyone running one of these on their Viper? I was a big fan with MSD boxes back in the day, but I'm not sure how much these will help a Viper?

Thanks,
Cal

Here's the description:

P4876728 Mopar Capacitive Discharge Ignition Control MSD 6AL

Electronic Ignition Control-Capacitive Discharge Ignition Control These ignition control units feature: · Capacitive discharge ignition control · Multi-spark capability below 3000 RPM · 115 millijoules per spark ·

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because it's a Mopar part doesn't mean it will work on a Viper. Did you see somewhere it said that MSD would work ? Link ? I feel real confident in telling you there is no way a 6al will work. I tryed to get a MSD DIS (we would have had to run two of them) to work per MSD saying it would.....it kicked my butt, MSD tryed....it kicked their butt. They refunded my money and sent me a free set of wires for wasting many, many hours trying.

I wish we could get one that works...I like the product a lot.

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Looks like I jumped the gun. I saw this guy selling one on ebay, listing it to work on a Viper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572615649

However, afer reading your post, and then checking out other sites selling the box, it appears to be a standard MSD 6AL and nothing more (well except for a Mopar label on the box).

That's disappointing, I had my hopes up, as these boxes worked miracles on my 1960s cars :)

Thanks,
Cal

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know, a 6al will only work on a 8, 6 or 4 cylinder car. I don't see how it would work on a Viper or a Metro.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave