Anyone serious about ordering a 1 of 1 Viper just announced?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tons of options and colors to pick from, and yours will be just that, 1 of 1. No two can be alike. 645 HP. Starting prices look ok. Slow sales bringing this on by Tim K.? Should be some interesting builds for some and know they have 1 of 1.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had I not just taken delivery on a new/leftover GTS, yes, I would definitely have done this. Good luck to those who do, sounds special.

lateapex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could change my TA that is on order. Not an option. :(

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could change my TA that is on order. Not an option. :(
Thats no big deal, the car is so cool it looks awesome in any color, the only car on the planet you can say that about. Once your driving in that new TA it could be just painted primer, and you will love it.:usa:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to say its not cool would be wrong, it is! that being said, again not only a limited edition of say 1 of 10 or 1 of 5, its colors again and yes i am lmao at that. now its 1 of 25 million, really ? how about performance options ? :dunno: i just cant get so excited about colors being the saving grace for viper. i personally would love to see at the least a chip option, a supercharger and something with more hp then a challenger. flame suit on.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flame suit on, now thats funny.:D It seems everyone forgets with 645 hp the Viper is one of the fastest cars out there even with a manual shift. But sure would more hp be good yes, everyone loves more hp. The Viper is faster than the 707 Challenger.:usa:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to say its not cool would be wrong, it is! that being said, again not only a limited edition of say 1 of 10 or 1 of 5, its colors again and yes i am lmao at that. now its 1 of 25 million, really ? how about performance options ? :dunno: i just cant get so excited about colors being the saving grace for viper. i personally would love to see at the least a chip option, a supercharger and something with more hp then a challenger. flame suit on.

Usually, the person who dons a flame suit is wielding a flame thrower. Ahem...do you still believe the Gen V is gonna "get down to $59,995 by winter"?

kenbrackins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to order up this week but now I have to re-evaluate that. Can anyone clarify what options will come with GTC price? I mean if you order stripes and aero kit, are you paying more like you would on SRT? Will any of the 10 wheel options be available without an increase in price? If not, it seems like I could balloon the cost waaaaay up there in a hurry. If it comes standard with a lot of options, I will be tickled to pay the extra money over the SRT with stripes that I was going to order next week. One thing I did see is that you can choose the hood which was my main reason for wanting the SRT- love that hood!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually, the person who dons a flame suit is wielding a flame thrower. Ahem...do you still believe the Gen V is gonna "get down to $59,995 by winter"?

well free i can always count on you for laughable moments. YES, i do believe you will be able to buy a NEW gen V under 60k THIS WINTER. its my opinion this will happen and im sticking by it. by the way free, i dont done a flame thrower. $59,900 will happen, its only jan 9th with pricing now at 70k, $10,001 to go.:eater:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not yet. My TA is barely a year old and I will hold out for now. I would be tempted if they roll out a supercharged model with a special option for a GT3-R looking model.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Should be some interesting builds for some and know they have 1 of 1.

I personally think thats going to be the problem years from now. I have
been saying it for years with Dodge's facination with 1of... special editions;
once everyone has a "special edition" it kinda kills the point of having
a "special edition" doesn't it?

On one hand I love the idea of being able to build your own personal
dream car - on the other, unless youre one of the rare few its unlikely
the next person in line is going to like your personal dream car combo
(like white/blue/cognac for example... just saying...)

But to answer your question; no - the special options do not override
my concerns over the electronics of the new platform so I will keep
to my Gen2s...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge introduces a build your personalized dream Viper alternative and some people are upset? Beyond absurd. Congratulations to Dodge. Many people, including me, did not buy their Viper as an investment and could care less whether someone else likes their choice. The Gen V combines a beautiful art form with exceptional and reliable performance. To now be able to completely personalize it from the OEM, for some people, will be an incredible opportunity. An opportunity which, to my knowledge, has only previously been offered by Rolls Royce.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge introduces a build your personalized dream Viper alternative and some people are upset? Beyond absurd. Congratulations to Dodge. Many people, including me, did not buy their Viper as an investment and could care less whether someone else likes their choice. The Gen V combines a beautiful art form with exceptional and reliable performance. To now be able to completely personalize it from the OEM, for some people, will be an incredible opportunity. An opportunity which, to my knowledge, has only previously been offered by Rolls Royce.

MANY brands offer a lot of customization. I am not aware of a single US brand, but Porsche, Lambo, McLaren (MSO), Ferrari, etc

If you'll get the checkbook out they'll do basically what you want.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making 150 launch editions was a mistake and they know it. Should've been 30 numbered cars, 50 tops. I think the 1 of 1 program should boost sales and is a good idea. They're fighting two wars: selling hundreds of one to wo year old left overs and simultaneously trying to make and sell new ones. The competition has never been stiffer at any price point in the car business. Hope the halo survives and hope execs read this and realize that even though it's low volume production and doesn't make huge economic sense on its surface, underneath realize that the same owners will buy a grand Cherokee for the wife and a Ram for a dd more likely than not. And keeping it alive for that reason alone makes good business sense. Now quit screwin' around and announce the ACR! Lol

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umh. Many brands? No. In fact you admit, no other US brands. And I do not believe that the brands that you mentioned will do "anything you want" ( I do not believe that they allow any upgrade in the drivetrain. See e.g. http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/personalization/) and certainly not at the low price point of the new 1 of 1 Viper program. Also, none of the cars you mention, in the equivalent performance to the Viper oem version of the car, could be made into a 1 of 1 for under about $225,000 or so except perhaps the Porsche and maybe the Ferrari California.

MANY brands offer a lot of customization. I am not aware of a single US brand, but Porsche, Lambo, McLaren (MSO), Ferrari, etc

If you'll get the checkbook out they'll do basically what you want.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umh. Many brands? No. In fact you admit, no other US brands. And I do not believe that the brands that you mentioned will in fact do "anyhting you want" and certainly not at the low price point of the new 1 of 1 Viper program. Also, none of the cars you mention, in the equivalent performance variant of the car, could be made into a 1 of 1, if same is in fact even possible, for under about $350,000 except perhaps the Porsche.

Thank you for clearly demonstrating you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think thats going to be the problem years from now. I have
been saying it for years with Dodge's facination with 1of... special editions;
once everyone has a "special edition" it kinda kills the point of having
a "special edition" doesn't it?

On one hand I love the idea of being able to build your own personal
dream car - on the other, unless youre one of the rare few its unlikely
the next person in line is going to like your personal dream car combo
(like white/blue/cognac for example... just saying...)

But to answer your question; no - the special options do not override
my concerns over the electronics of the new platform so I will keep
to my Gen2s...
I agree somewhat especially regarding your Gen 2 as they were built very reliable and still are and I truly miss mine. Like an old saying, they don't build em like they used to still exists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets