Anyone tried ordering the ACR adapter off Viper Store?

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for this hard to find item (the oil filter adapter), and it shows in stock (supposedly) at the Viper Store.. Anyone know how accurate this is, or am I just going to get a backorder email later, or something telling me the part is no longer available..

I was under the impression this can't really be found out there new anymore, am I wrong? I wants me one !! :usa:

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember there were only a few left (maybe two or three) a couple years ago and there were bought up. You will probably get one of the back order e-mails. Try Jon B. He might have one or can point you in the right direction.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this not make sense...................:dunno:

:D:D:D[/QUOT

Haha. I guess it doesn't make sense wo an explanation.

JonB has threads about the ACR oil filter adapter and knows exactly what it is. This was a couple years ago. They are impossible to find and he would be the best bet to have one...IMO

Scott at X2 never heard of them and told me that there wasn't a difference. I sent him the info and the different part numbers. He thanked me, said he didn't know that and sent me one off of one of the wrecked Gen 2 ACRs.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So exactly does this ACR adapter do?

JonB has a detailed description of the difference...
Basically, the routing of the oil is different on ACR filter adapter.
It allows a lot more oil flow, especially at mid to high RPMs.

I would "search" but I am on my phone...

Maybe JonB will see this...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found it. JonB posted this in a thread.

The oil cooler/filter adapter is the unit the filter screws onto. On all non-ACRs 96.5-02 it has a mechanical shuttle valve that stops oil flow to the cooler (!) when the pressure drops below an approximate 17 lbs, as happens at idle or high-G turns.

This valve is also a restriction in the line even when open. This results in lower oil pressures by 4-7 lbs, a BAD thing on oil-starved G2s. All in order to make the AC more efficient in heavy traffic.

The 1999-02 ACR was designed for track use, NO A/C, no radio, etc. So the ACR -all of em, even with A.C- routes oil 100% of the time thru the oil cooler. No restriction in-line. This results in cooler oil, and pressures at +4~7psi. In heavy traffic this hotter oil cooler can heat up the A/C condensor, and it can temporarily trip off-line. No harm just warm.

Id prefer better oil pressure and full time cooling, so an ACR OIL FILTER ADAPTER and gasket is a MUST HAVE for G2 cars that are tracked, in my opinion. {Also MoPar-SRT opinion} EZ install, bolts and lines all very accessible. Plan around an oil change!

Dragged or Tracked or Xd G2s should couple the ACR-OFA with a pan baffle kit, and 96-99 also needs the deeper +1.1 qt pan

Doesn't look good for finding one....

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/635932-acr-oil-filter-adapter-looking-one.html

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked everywhere. I could not find any new ones out there. I ended up getting a used one from Woodhouse Performance. They may still have a few used ones around. I think this option is your best bet:(

Bandit400

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't taken this off yet so I don't know how it works. Is this valve something that can be drilled out or removed from the non acr model ones??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62