Anyone use an ACT Clutch

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see they have a clutch for a viper up to 900 ft/s.lbs i have used there products before on my SRT-4 with great result. Just wondering if anyone has used one on a viper

Thanks

Paul

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had an ACT clutch in my previous turbo G35 and turbo 370Z. I never had a single issue 50k on the G35 clutch and 10k on the Z clutch.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few things to consider, there are many factors and differences when considering a clutch for a Viper versus an import. Clamping force does not tell the whole story. No opinion on ACT just make sure your rep is Viper familiar and understands what your ultimate goal (driving experience) is. Unfortunatley most read from a book, not actually install or develope the goods.. Hope this helps a bit.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one in my car and it holds 909 rwhp just fine. And drives like a stock clutch. The down side is at high RPM it seems to "drag" a little and cause it to be hard to shift FAST (like drag racing power shifting) at high RPM. At lo RPM it's fine. If you just do hot street driving you will most likely never see the problem. I drove my car on the street for over a yr with it and never had a problem. But I took it to the drag strip and it is useless IMO. I could not even get my brain to allow me to shift it slow with the adrenalin pumping so all I did was crunch the gears and fight with it and never got a good pass. only close to good pass was granny shifting 2nd and 3rd and then forgot to granny shift 4th and crunch and let off and coasted. Running 117 in the 1/8 then 111 in the 1/4 mile.

I'm most likly going to be removing it and going to a twin disk so it will not require so much clamp load and will fully disengage at high RPM.