Anyone Use EBC Black Rotors ?

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I am going to have my wheels refinished and they dont show a lot of rotor/caliper due to design but I want to put new rotors and new pads when the change is made. EBC offers a black / slotted /dimpled / Rotor for the Viper at very reasonable price $285 /pr. I like the idea of the black bacground, My car is Yellow Black stripes. Does anyone have experience good or bad with these ? or any black surfaced rotor in general, ie how do they appear after wear?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?scat=Pads&category=Rotors&scat=Rotors&scat=BigBrakeKits&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Viper+RT%2F10&autoModClar=&autoYear=1995&brand=all&perfcat=perf&x=96&y=11

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the non-black ones. They work well. I _did_ upgrade the fronts to stoptechs when I put a big-brake kit on. In fact, if you have a need for a set of non-back FRONT rotors, I have some with very few miles on them for sale... :)

JD

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set on and they were black out of the box. However, after a few miles of driving and braking, the black wore off to show a polished silver look. The black from mine was just a protective coating. I don't know if they have a set that are black all the way through. Either way, the do a better job than stock rotors IMO.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Joseph, thanks for the info and the offer, I gonna go all new and leaning toward the black heavy, thanks

EA6B, thanks that makes me feel good on the quality the from pic it looks like the color is through but I am going send EBC a msg to check. PS I worked for Grumman years ago, we have some linkage there ! :usa: