Anyone want to buy a Gen V from a dealership that still calls it a Dodge?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is semantics, but it just goes to show how seriously some of these dealerships took SRT's efforts in training. What a joke. SRT, are you guys watching this? You can't tell me that of all the people that showed up for training were all "winners." I hate to be mean, but come on......Thin the herd please.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQOOlzbicQ

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, that's what the window sticker calls it. Example from Tomball: http://viperexchange.com/images/inv...rack-package-for-sale-0071/window-sticker.pdf It reads at the top: "Dodge// 2013 Model Year Dodge Viper SRT Coupe."

When it's time for me to get one, I won't give a flying flip what the dealer calls it because I'm way more impressed with the lowest price or best financing or both. I'm not sure why so many people here get wrapped around the axle when a dealer says something technically incorrect. Give 'em a break; they just started stocking new Vipers a month or two ago. Any Viper fan will know far more about the car than any sales rep at a Dodge dealer whose time has to be 99% dedicated to the 99% of regular customers who are not Viper candidates. What's important is what YOU know about the car and nobody here needs a Dodge, oops SRT, salesman to educate them.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMG = Mercedes

M = BMW

SRT = Dodge/Chrysler regardless of what anything indicates. To change this Dodge/Chrysler/SRT would need to sell the SRT assets to a separate, unaffiliated company. The final product is what is important; cannot wait for the 700hp, $115k (well-optioned/equipped) Gen V ACR.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me a Viper will always be a Dodge. Dodge has a long proud muscle car history. I'm don't mind owning a DODGE Viper at all. :)

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A better question would be " Is there anyone out there that thinks calling it SRT Viper makes it not a Dodge Viper?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Chevy suffers the same fate with the Corvette. They should have been selling them in Caddy dealers, not Chevy dealers.

Want to target Porsche? Do it how they do it.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the dealership that sold me my Viper. In 2009 they seemed like a decent crew....haven't been back to see them since.

I discussed the car with them on the phone early Friday evening, liked the starting price and told them I'd fly in the next morning to negotiate to purchase of the car. I still remember the look on their faces when I walked in the next day at 11:00 am.....I don't think they really believed I would fly down to buy the car with just a phone conversation, lol.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner of that dealership is a big time dealer with multiple stores.

Cheers,
George

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are getting jaded in your middle age. :)

I was amazed to find that the CEO of SRT will come and hang out with guys at the track and talk to us all day long, trying to learn more about what we want. He even responds to emails from Viper owners. The brass at those German firms wouldn't even bother to have their secretary respond, even after you buy 10 cars from them. Believe me, I've tried, and it usually takes lawyers.

PS At the risk of offending by using the F word on this forum, I was also stoked to see Henry Ford III attending a racing school where I was instructing a few months ago. :cool:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are getting jaded in your middle age. :)

I was amazed to find that the CEO of SRT will come and hang out with guys at the track and talk to us all day long, trying to learn more about what we want. He even responds to emails from Viper owners. The brass at those German firms wouldn't even bother to have their secretary respond, even after you buy 10 cars from them. Believe me, I've tried, and it usually takes lawyers.

PS At the risk of offending by using the F word on this forum, I was also stoked to see Henry Ford III attending a racing school where I was instructing a few months ago. :cool:
I think Ralph is doing a good job. I just sent him some feedback to my disappointing attempt to buy a custom Viper.

He instantly got back to me and tried to entice me to jumping back into wanting the car. I politely declined, but I think I'll be looking at a '14 next year.

He is one of the few people that get it. I think SRT/Chrysler just need to work on the communication a bit.

If I wanted a CEO to run my company, it would he Ralph. He cares, that is rare.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I totally agree. He's one of a kind.

I think Ralph is doing a good job. I just sent him some feedback to my disappointing attempt to buy a custom Viper.

He instantly got back to me and tried to entice me to jumping back into wanting the car. I politely declined, but I think I'll be looking at a '14 next year.

He is one of the few people that get it. I think SRT/Chrysler just need to work on the communication a bit.

If I wanted a CEO to run my company, it would he Ralph. He cares, that is rare.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he seems to care more. So he should fire his marketing department and start from scratch.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cannot wait for the 700hp, $165k (well-optioned/equipped) widebody Gen V ACR.
Fixed it for ya.

The time attack edition IMHO is meant to bridge the gap between the new (and much more) extreme ACR (GTS-R?). There APPEARS to be enough demand for a much more radical ACR but if it comes don't expect it to be cheap. I also highly doubt we'll see 700HP any time soon...could be wrong

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story my dad had about a guy he works with. He bought a Shelby Super Snake or some variety and insisted when they titled the car that it was a Shelby, not a Ford. He repeatedly told them that the car was not a Ford. I just call it a Mopar, that covers all the bases ;).

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the SRT 'brand' is a bit of a dog's breakfast. You have Chrysler SRT8 300C, Dodge SRT8 Charger, Dodge SRT8 Challenger, Jeep SRT8 Grand Cherokee, SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS, of which the Viper used to be a Dodge, and SRT-10. No wonder everyone is confused. The brand identity is diluted across 3 other sub divisions and there isn't any dedicated dealership or even dealership within a dealership so only the most pedantic of people (Viper enthusiasts hehe) even know it is a separate brand let alone care.

This is almost as good as the Ferrari LaFerrari.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The online VIN display program shows Dodge, but the actual window sticker on the vehicle does not say Dodge on it. Just "SRT Viper".
I reviewed my video of the white/black striped GTS at my nearest dealer, looking carefully at the sticker, and you know what, you are right and I was ... less right.

That being said, I still consider mine a Dodge.
Nothing wrong with that. No matter what factory it rolled out of, like driveSRT says, "it consumes you." Sounds like a cheesy slogan but seeing a Viper in person tends to put a lot of truth in that.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care if they are dodge or not, I'd rather they not be deceptive in their business practices. eg: advertising one price, but once you get there it is not the same (Stopped by a dealer today to see if I could get interested again)!

Yeah, they will wow you all right, with their deceptive sales practices!

There is a GTS with Laguna Leather on a particular website right now for $10k under sticker, why on Earth would any idiot pay $50k over? (Though ,the dealer said if I would pay MSRP we'd make a deal right there, lol)

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT should send a rep to each dealership to see those shenanigans and if they observed any sort of mark-up, they should respond by saying "Congrats on receiving your one and only allotment of Viper this year. When you correct the price gouging, we'll consider sending you more next model year"

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if autotrader can get it right, then authorized dealers should too

The only way to find it at a dealer, on any dealers website, is to still search under Dodge as the "make" SRT comes up as the "model"

The mothership dosen't even recognize SRT as a brand on any dealer website templates! SAD SAD SAD (at least the dealer wrote in "SRT" on this one)

SRT_marketing_sucks_.PNG

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the SRT 'brand' is a bit of a dog's breakfast. You have Chrysler SRT8 300C, Dodge SRT8 Charger, Dodge SRT8 Challenger, Jeep SRT8 Grand Cherokee, SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS, of which the Viper used to be a Dodge, and SRT-10. No wonder everyone is confused. The brand identity is diluted across 3 other sub divisions and there isn't any dedicated dealership or even dealership within a dealership so only the most pedantic of people (Viper enthusiasts hehe) even know it is a separate brand let alone care.

This is almost as good as the Ferrari LaFerrari.

Well said.

PS I'm still trying to figure out how to tell the Ferrari F150 (F1 car) from the Ford F150. :)

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Viper sounds way better than SRT Viper.
Guys please send me Ralph's e-mail address I really want to talk to him.