Are the gen2's too affordable now ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always get the feeling i should set fire to my car and let it burn to the ground when i see some stupid mods being done to a nice gen2 or guys who bought the car to be cool and get attention.. are they just too affordable now ? im far from rich, i just saved my butt off to pay cash to buy the car about 7-8 years ago cause im a diehard mopar guy that wants to go fast and beat a few guys on the roads of mexico.

it seems there are too many kids, wanna be's, guys who can barely afford a viper and non car guys buying the gen2's lately

is it me ?

this is mostly directed to the viper owners of at least 3+ years.

maybe its time to sell and get a lambo but then id probably be that guy in the lambo world....

/rant

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not even picking on that poor guy. there are a ton of guys around like i pointed out. it really does make me wanna burn mine.

i just hate guys that buy a car like this to impress others or get attention. thats why i really dont bother with any clubs anymore. there are too many non car guys now

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just dont like being lumped in with these guys...

yep, im gonna burn my car tonight or tomorrow morning. im done with it...LOL

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what you gonna do man..the newest one is 9 years old and has 460 HP....

It's a AMAZEING car but still the newer ones look newer and have 510-600 HP..

i do think the GTS will "one day" be worth more than them all though...Well have to wait and see on that one but i wouldnt be surprised if 20 years from now you cant touch a GTS for under 70K..Wouldnt be surprised at all..
it has the raceing history/rare numbers and body lines to make this happen

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Little bit tough to feel like "one of the kids" when your GTS isn't very stock Phil. A decently modified Viper isn't "just a Viper". I get people that want to buy my Paxtonmodified ACR for the same price as a stock Viper. They actually think that a stock Viper is comparable? That shows a serious lack of IQ. Double the hp is double the car.

Maybe you could feel better if you just burned a silver stocker? That way it's increase the price of all other Vipers.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a 440 Duster for sale (or trade) Phil. Not as many of them around.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each his own, I care less what someone else does to there car. The more they screw up there cars the more mine will be worth later down the rode (although I didn't buy it for an investment).

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just dont like being lumped in with these guys...

yep, im gonna burn my car tonight or tomorrow morning. im done with it...LOL

i have a better idea - sell pixels! for every pixel that is sold, you have to smash a body part, or tar and feather the car, key a fender, or drill a hole somewhere on your viper! sell 1 million pixels, and you ARE IN THE MONEY BABY! heck, i will even toss in a few extra bucks for you to let Leslie or Kala do the dirty work! its guaranteed money i swear!!

:lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the bright side. This will lead to the gene pool being adjusted as they learn to drive. Survivors will seem smarter in comparison. Me and you will be entertained observing.

Just smile and wave plum. They didn't make many, and it won't take long for the system to work it's magic.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY.

There are MANY exotics these days that are far too attainable, and are getting into the wrong hands. These morons are destroying the cars and their image by bringing things that flat out don't belong in our markets to our front doors. And thats not even the worst of it...

The worst offenders are the people who buy up our beloved cars, beat them into the ground, and dump them in a 6 months. These "quick to get bored faux pas Car Guys" need to be slapped. They are NOT car people, and just like to show off a new ride as often as they can. In doing so, they devalue our cars, and make us all look like idiots. You can usually spot these guys easily- they know NOTHING about the car, its always dirty, don't care where they park it or what happens to it, and drive like idiots- basically treating it like a Dodge Neon. Know any?

Last edited:

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you mean like this one? : ;):omg:

Cars for Sale: 1999 Dodge Viper GTS in BAKERSFIELD, CA 93301: Coupe Details - 277257606 - AutoTrader.com

Being one of those guy's who has been lucky to find my garage queen GTS for a steal, it's not lost on me what i have. This is a car i've wanted since the first RT/10's showed up in '92. I am a "car guy", i work on my viper. Changed my brake pads this weekend, the stock pads are noisy. I love this car, wouldn't sell it for anything - mopar man all my 47yrs. I certainly hope that you don't hold it against me for paying less than half what the original owner paid. :(

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truth is that as the cars get cheaper they get into real car guys hands who love and work on their cars.....................as well as the Pep Boys/Gold Chain/********** crowd who further diminish the cars value. The second group, they are the one's that VW commercial was referring to "compensating".

Let's hope most of the purchases go to true car nuts.

Last edited:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel! I saw a guy the other day that had the same pair of shoes, shirt and hat that I paid good money for last year. It pissed me off, so I went home and burned mine.....

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are tough economic times. Cars like Vipers are going cheap, just like the Superbirds and muscle cars did in the 80"s.

When (and if) the good times roll again, the cars will be in higher demand.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good price on that gts :lmao:

You must be registered for see images

That's what Plum is talking about. Gawd ugly. So unless the guy isn't gonna "survive" that must be a scam since he's so stupid he can't read the side of his hood? Maybe the paint shop ruined the nameplates when they ruined the factory paintjob of that car? Wing looks like it came off an Outlaw racecar.

If any of my cars were silver that pic would temp me to burn my car too.

Ted

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Phil, if it makes you feel better I promise not to take less than $150k for mine.

Any takers?

I second that! Even if I got an offer for mine in the 100k range I wouldnt even think about it.

I have way more than a 100k into my car to simply give it away, and farnkly the 09-10 ACR's don't do much for me. But then again Both autoform and Venzano cuztomized my car before I took delivery with zero miles on the clock.

That my friends can't be replaced at any price, this is why I plan on keeping mine until my son is old enough to take over ownership. :2tu: