Article about GTS's dampers

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting article about the 2-mode Bilsteins. The system automatically switches into Track Mode at 95+ MPH, or if you make a hard corner on the street.

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2013/0...ponents-in-the-fifth-generation-supercar.html

What I'd like to know is how different the suspension tuning is for the production GTS Vs. the pre-production cars that were criticised for being to stiff in Track Mode. The criticism is that it was too stiff even for small bumps at a track, so some testers left the car in Street Mode even at the track. I've read that the production GTS suspension is tuned "softer." I wonder if they changed the damping, or also the spring rate?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting article about the 2-mode Bilsteins. The system automatically switches into Track Mode at 95+ MPH, or if you make a hard corner on the street.

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2013/0...ponents-in-the-fifth-generation-supercar.html

What I'd like to know is how different the suspension tuning is for the production GTS Vs. the pre-production cars that were criticised for being to stiff in Track Mode. The criticism is that it was too stiff even for small bumps at a track, so some testers left the car in Street Mode even at the track. I've read that the production GTS suspension is tuned "softer." I wonder if they changed the damping, or also the spring rate?

I think I remember Ralph saying they softened it in a recent video. Its definitely better than the preproduction super stiff setup. I didn't hear Randy complain about the stiffness in the retest only that the GTS rear end is not as planted as the SRT's in corners. It would be nice to know what they adjusted, if spring rate and shock valving or both. Whatever they did the ride seems to be better, hence no complaints and its much faster in the twisties too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62