Attention Paxton Owners!

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have a question regarding the Paxton Charge Cooler.
I was told from my builder that I should run the following:

10% Water Wetter
50% Water
40% Coolant

I noticed that my Charge Cooler is about half full when running at idle.
Is the above ratio accurate? I live here in the Midwest and want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. How much does it hold? Any advise is much appreciated.
Thanks Gang!
Scott :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You run 1,000rwhp with a stock paxtom intercooler system??? I have a M2 Intercooler Chiller system on my car for max hp. At 600rwhp I'm not using waterwetter although I agree that it is a good idea to run it.

Ted

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You run 1,000rwhp with a stock paxtom intercooler system??? I have a M2 Intercooler Chiller system on my car for max hp. At 600rwhp I'm not using waterwetter although I agree that it is a good idea to run it.

Ted

Ted,
It is actually 892 rwhp which calculates to approximately 1025 at the crank. The motor has been built to the tilt. We are using the 2-3/4" pulley on the Paxton and running 15 pounds of boost.
Scott

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's about the mixture I run. Never used a measuring cup to fill it but I guess it is pretty close. My tank is full all the time. I actually put a recirculating catch can on it as I was getting some fluid blowing out from under the cap when really hot. I put a rubber line in the top of the intercooler tank cap and connected it to the bottom of a catch can. When the fluid gets hot it can overflow to the catch can. When it cools back down it ***** the fluid back. This allows me to keep tank completely full. I figure this should help keep it from heat soaking.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zdigital - DLM makes larger intercoolers and better belt drives for the Paxtons. I wouldn't use a stock Paxton on even a slightly modded Paxton. Call Larry Macedo at macedo motorsports.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's about the mixture I run. Never used a measuring cup to fill it but I guess it is pretty close. My tank is full all the time. I actually put a recirculating catch can on it as I was getting some fluid blowing out from under the cap when really hot. I put a rubber line in the top of the intercooler tank cap and connected it to the bottom of a catch can. When the fluid gets hot it can overflow to the catch can. When it cools back down it ***** the fluid back. This allows me to keep tank completely full. I figure this should help keep it from heat soaking.

The Paxton system uses a screwon cap with no pressure release. Your system works with only the slight pressure or the water in the overflow bottle or did you plumb some sort of pressure valve? You mounted it higher than the little Paxton fill tank?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Scott,
Good question as most Paxton owners do not think about the air to water systems on their cars. We use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and coolant (with an anti-corrosive additive). I have seen many an air water cooler and heat exchanger ruined because of corrosion (never run pure water).

An upgraded intercooler pump and heat exchanger will really keep your AIT's down, airflow mods help as well.

Hope this helps,

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Dan,
I was definately planning on using only distilled water. I appreciate the advice!
Scott

Hey Scott,
Good question as most Paxton owners do not think about the air to water systems on their cars. We use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and coolant (with an anti-corrosive additive). I have seen many an air water cooler and heat exchanger ruined because of corrosion (never run pure water).

An upgraded intercooler pump and heat exchanger will really keep your AIT's down, airflow mods help as well.

Hope this helps,

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great idea on the catch can!
Thanks for the pointers.
Scott

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Ted,
I will drop Larry a line and find out more.
Scott

Zdigital - DLM makes larger intercoolers and better belt drives for the Paxtons. I wouldn't use a stock Paxton on even a slightly modded Paxton. Call Larry Macedo at macedo motorsports.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Hope this helps,

Does this upgraded pump and heat exchanger run inline with the stock Paxton cooler or in place of it ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456