Autism Day at Jubile Farms

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need an excuse to get out for a drive?

This Saturday I’ll be attending Autism Day at Jubilee Farms in Carnation. A friend and former neighbor puts on this annual event for families touched by autism. Since many kids with autism have sensory issues, things like going to car shows can be a problem. So I thought, how about we bring a car show to them? It would be great if we could get a few Vipers out to let the children have pictures taken and see some cool cars.

We’re checking on space availability, so if you’re interested in joining us, let me know so I can pass on how much space we’ll need.

More info on the event:

Autism Day - home
Saturday, August 8, 2009
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Jubilee Farms
229 West Snoqualmie River Rd NE
Carnation, WA 98014

“Autism Day is a free, fun-filled event designed for families touched by autism - a chance to relax in a beautiful setting surrounded by people who understand. Various individuals, companies, service providers and organizations wishing to reach out to the autism community provide free activities with our children in mind. The event is spread out with booths, an hour long slip-n-slide event, and various food vendors including Sherm's BBQ and Savory Moment (check out the menus here). Enjoy the hayrides, farm animals, beautiful flowers, open spaces and comraderie. See you down on the farm!”

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The beer is colder here.:D

I don't want you drinking and driving, so let me know when I should come to get the Copperhead to take care of for the weekend.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, Clint! I'll be by to pick it up tomorrow, since I have to pick up my truck with new transmission in Snohomish, I'll be halfway there anyway. You'll have the trailer all set up, I presume?

:lmao:

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, here is some more info.

So far, we have
VWIPER
MIKELET (tentative)
REIDESIGN
__add your name here___

Caravan:
Sammamish Safeway
630 228th Ave NE
Sammamish, WA‎ 98074
Depart at 10:00 a.m.- ish

(we can also meet up at my place in Sammamish before/instead of Safeway, but Safeway is easier to find. PM me if you need my address/directions. Or, if you're interested in coming but live closer to Carnation than I do, let me know and we'll stop by and pick you up.)

After a few twisty roads over the hill into Carnation--

Event location:
Arrive at 10:30 a.m.
Jubilee Farm‎
229 W Snoqualmie River Rd
Carnation, WA‎

The shindig starts at 11:00 a.m. and lasts until 3:00 p.m., but it is o.k. to leave early if needed. We'll be right in the center of the event if there are just a few of us, or there is a grassy strip at the entrance too.

If anyone wants to go for a drive/meal before or after, just let me know.

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back from my 11 day, 6 state, 2000 mile trek. Here are a couple belated pictures since I didn't take any myself. :doh3:

We were a great hit at this event, even if we set a bad example for real car shows. :2tu: Dozens of kids (& parents) sat in the cars to have pictures taken or just to "drive" a Viper - Mach 3 while standing still!!

Not an event for everyone, but if you don't mind a little extra detailing afterwards, it was a great occasion to see the joy some of these kids experienced.

Primo parking:
attachment.php

Dad had the right shirt at least, most attendees were not this reserved. Our doors must have been opened and closed (or slammed) at least 200 times! :omg:
attachment.php

Farmer Joe:
attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG1135.jpg
    CIMG1135.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Jubilee09.jpg
    Jubilee09.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CIMG1054.jpg
    CIMG1054.jpg