AutoCross------ September 12th.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England Viper Club Auto-Cross
This year's Auto-Cross Starts on Saturday September 12th @ FT. Devens in Shirley, MA
You need to Pre-Register for the event. This is a joint event with the NorthEast SHO Club, the advantage being that they set up the course. For Viper Club members it's an arrive and drive deal.

These events do sell out, so please register ASAP.

Here is the link for Registering:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.../uidEvent/ED8DB2B7-94AA-D520-EB1881DCBCF1BE3A

The contact person at the SHO club is Ed Stebbens MSN.com ...or direct your questions to myself, Shawn Roubian: Yahoo!

* Please contact me to let him know if you have registered or have further questions. We're hoping for 6-10 Vipers to participate. Register before September 1st. Everyone who has done the Auto-Cross at FT Devens has had a blast! It's 1.5 miles of airport runway, perfect for letting your Viper loose, without putting yourself or your car at risk. Basically you get 4 runs in the morning, break for lunch... and do 4 runs in the afternoon.

Itinerary:
7:00 - Gates open
7:30-8:30 - Tech Inspection
8:45 - Driver's meeting
9:00 - Walk course
9:30 - First car off

Bring a helmet - must be Snell 2000 or newer rated. There are loaners but having one is easier.

Directions to Devens:
From Rt. I-495 take Exit 30 (RT.2A/100). At the end of the exit take 2A towards Ayer. Follow 2A through the rotary (you have to go about ½ way around the rotary to pick up 2A again.) Approx. 2 miles after the rotary you will enter Ayer Center. FOLLOW SPEED LIMIT. Continue to follow Rt 2A by taking right across from Mobil station. After traveling approx. ½ mile and take a left onto Bishop Rd. follow the road for about ½ mile and take a right at fork this will bring you right onto the air field.

Hopefully we will see you there!

Here is a little teaser video from previous year autocross at Ft. Devens.

http://www.neviperclub.org/video/Autox II 2006 NEVCA.wmv

Shawn Roubian
Performance Director NEVCA :2tu::2tu::2tu:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just recieved an email that there is only 5 spots available for next Saturday autocross event. Tim and myself are going. Come on down for a spin around the track.
RICK

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain or shine...the rain just makes it more interesting.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Saturday was great. Never stop raining, my shoes had about 2" of water in them. It was the first time I tried the sportcup tires, and they held up pretty good in the rainy conditions. I was trying to beat my fastest time, probably pushed it a little too hard and spun out. I kicked out the back end right afterwards, never went off coarse or knocked out a cone. I only lost 6 seconds for the spinout.( As the crowd went crazy).LOL. My fatest time was 92 seconds,and when all said and done I was about 13 seconds from the fastest time there. Pretty good, some of those drivers down there are pretty quick. Atleast I had the fastest viper there. Maybe we can get more people from the club next year.
RICK