Autoform Fascia

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much worse is it to get in and out of driveways with the fascia? I am looking to change but i don't want to end up looking like a ricer with cracked paint because the thing is just too low. what is your advice from owning one, or having a friend with one. The stock fascia scrapes in a few driveways now, how much worse will this fascia be? 100% worse? close to stock?

You must be registered for see images

looks good, but is it livable for an almost daily driver??

i havent called autoform yet, do they still have the mold/are these still avialable?

i have the roe fascia mod for cooling/aero, does it still fit with this fascia?

:usa:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the Roe front bumper modification (for the cooling) you don't really need the Autoform front facia. Actually the Roe modification is better because it cools very well the engin. The Roe Duct also reduces the front pressure below the car but doesn`t add down force.

If you install the Autoform Facia it will cancel the effect of the Roe duct.
No problem with the installation of the Autoform Facia on the top of the Roe duct. They don't interfer.

I like a lot the Autoform Facia for its look but the Roe Duct is better. I made a compromise: when drag racing I remove the Autoform front facia so the Roe Duct cools my engin effectively.

The Autoform Facia makes the Viper look more agressive. Then you have also the Autoform rear wing that finishes the kit ...

Regarding street driving with the Autoform, no issue on my side. I am very carefull when exiting parking lots. Once I had to stop on the highway because a truck lost one of its tires but that`s it ... Daily driving is not an issue.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a GT2 replica splitter on mine and I have had
no adverse clearance issues with it. But the difference
here is mine is a bit higher off the ground. During the
OC Cruise I struck a muffler sitting in the road at about
80mph (It was downpouring rain so I didn't even see it.)
On the plus side - the ~$300 splitter deflected the metal
from the $1000 fascia, the downside - The splitter was
bent to hell and will need to be replaced.

I think the autoform fascia is one peice so if you
actually drive your car like I do it might be better to
think about a 2-peice unit or none at all. Scrapping,
cracking, or smacking that front could lead to a serious
repair bill.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much worse is it to get in and out of driveways with the fascia?

It is much lower than the original facia, also extends further from th centerpoint of the front tires, making it easier to touch ground if there is a sudden dip or lowered drive way. I have this facia WITH Eibachs, so I am basically scraping allover... It does not bother me. And the splitter does not have ONE scratch on it. I have a thick aluminum plate bolted under the lip. This way I will not damage the splitter.

Practical? I doubt. Agressive looking? YES!

I am looking to change but i don't want to end up looking like a ricer with cracked paint because the thing is just too low. what is your advice from owning one, or having a friend with one. The stock fascia scrapes in a few driveways now, how much worse will this fascia be? 100% worse? close to stock?

No, it will NOT be close to stock. Facia is lower. IF you drive withoput the splitter, it might work as "close to original"?

looks good, but is it livable for an almost daily driver??

I have driven over 2000 miles this summer, no problems. I can put a tennishoetip under the facia, thats it. Complete shoe would not fit. Maybe that gives you an idea how low mine is.

i havent called autoform yet, do they still have the mold/are these still avialable?

Yes they are. Call Jon B, or Autoform, they are available in few different configurations.

It is by far the best looking facia. My friends have a Elite and Hennezzy facia, the round Autoform facia looks fantastic! :2tu:

Here's few pictures of mine. PM me with your telephone number, I'll be happy to talk to you regarding the facia...

3114viper_38.jpg

3114viper_18.jpg

3114viper_04.jpg

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Henney will cost you 3 arms and 4 legs, plus it is fiberglass...if you hit anything it will crack....However the result is probably the hottest looking fascia you can put on a Gen1 or 2....

Reaction score
And just what is the AutoForm one made of? :) Honestly thought it was fiberglass as well....least the ones I've seen. :)

The AF one has my favorite splitter....I had to resort to making my own. :)

Oh, and I have all my arms and legs.....though I searched and waited for a LONG time, and had ALOT of help, finding one for just a TOE!!! LOL!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just what is the AutoForm one made of? :) Honestly thought it was fiberglass as well....least the ones I've seen. :)

The AF one has my favorite splitter....I had to resort to making my own. :)

Oh, and I have all my arms and legs.....though I searched and waited for a LONG time, and had ALOT of help, finding one for just a TOE!!! LOL!

LOL...That is great. I love hearing people get great deals...Good stuff. Your car looks absolutely rediculous...in a good way! :2tu:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited a long time too looking for a used one. Suddenly JonB had all Autoform products 20% off and I jumped immediately...

stan bochet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use one on my car and the look is fantastic!...

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform makes a quality product....hahah right....and elephants can fly

HASSEL.JPG

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform makes a quality product....hahah right....and elephants can fly

HASSEL.JPG

What bad experience have you had? Please share. I have heard nothing but good.

Reaction score
Ignore him James. Just talking out his you-know-what. Never bought from them....just a troublemaker. Cool thing now....click on his profile and IGNORE him. Life is better now. :)

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

He has had very little to contribute that was worth the time it took to read it. :)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote}

[/QUOTE]

I just spent the weekend touring Michigan on a trek to autoform and to A.P. engineering. I was at Autoform to pick up a rear wing I ordered. As soon as I arrived, Tony took me on a tour of the facility, which was very cool. Their facility is in many buidlings and is very impressive. They were all very friendly.

They had produced the rear wing in a hurry for me, as I was trying to get the trip in before the weather turned. We noticed a couple of spots in the fiberglass that weren't perfect and they decided to keep it and make it perfect for me. Additionally, it seems that the paint colors for the 02 yellows weren't all the same. Tony assured me they would get it perfect.

They are going to ship me the wing after it's done. I will do a post at that time showing off my three piece top and rear wing.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote}

I just spent the weekend touring Michigan on a trek to autoform and to A.P. engineering. I was at Autoform to pick up a rear wing I ordered. As soon as I arrived, Tony took me on a tour of the facility, which was very cool. Their facility is in many buidlings and is very impressive. They were all very friendly.

They had produced the rear wing in a hurry for me, as I was trying to get the trip in before the weather turned. We noticed a couple of spots in the fiberglass that weren't perfect and they decided to keep it and make it perfect for me. Additionally, it seems that the paint colors for the 02 yellows weren't all the same. Tony assured me they would get it perfect.

They are going to ship me the wing after it's done. I will do a post at that time showing off my three piece top and rear wing.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, i am actually most likely buying the autoform top & windows...I hope the paint matches perfect, my car is Emerald Green....I am a little worried..Tony seems like a great guy.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The match on my car was not all that good either. A bit more orange than the stock red. Same for front splitter and rear spoiler.

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my top for my 95 was a perfect match on the paint...I got it a few months ago and have had many compliments when its been on the car

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235