Autohaus Open House / Car Show - Oct 20th at 11:30 am

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on checking this out with the family on Saturday. Anyone else interested in going?

www.autohausraleigh.com

October 20th at 11:30 AM.

3700 Pleasant Grove Church Road
Cary, NC 27560

This is a new place that is getting ready to open and they are having a sneak peak open house and car show. It looks awesome. There are similar places in the midwest and if this one fills up they will look to expand. Should be cooler weather and there is a ton of parking. Come on out and check it out.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just an empty building... I think they're offering up 24 garages for now. A club house, kids area, a community bay w/ lift...

It was expensive. $125/ sq foot. Smallest unit was 1,600 sq ft ~ $200k. You could park 4 cars (more if you use lifts).

For that kind of money, I'd just buy a bigger house with more garage space... I'm hoping some baller from our local forum buys one so we can hang out there. Seems like a great concept, but they are too expensive. The first place like this in MN offers garages for $40k as the smallest unit... I'm concerned that it won't get off the ground. I hope I'm wrong though.

The turn out was weak to say the least.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the "condo" word is used, I'm assuming they also charge a monthly condo fee?

Is the target market guys that own an exotic and live in an apartment? I don't see how this makes a lot of sense. Think of the custom garage that could be built (with a lift and service pit!) for less dough.

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am going to build my own building and own it. Live in it, work in it, and sell it when I want to. The girls there were super hot, maybe all strippers??

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the "condo" word is used, I'm assuming they also charge a monthly condo fee?

Is the target market guys that own an exotic and live in an apartment? I don't see how this makes a lot of sense. Think of the custom garage that could be built (with a lift and service pit!) for less dough.

Yeah, the *****, er...stripper, er... tour guide said the association fees were $200 / YEAR... I said, I'm sure you mean it's $200 / month or maybe per quarter. She didn't know...and I didn't care to find out more. I was there for the Ferrari club that never showed up.

Regardless, it was too much money...

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, 200k for the smallest unit. That sounds crazy! You can build one BIG **** garage for that kind of money. Of course, not everyone has the acreage to build themselves a garage, but that still sounds crazy ridiculous. I'd also be concerned about that taking off.....but I'm sure there are people where 200K is "just another car".

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200K could be "just another college degree". :)

Which would mean no $200k car... :(