B&B Catback

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1996 blue Viper GTS. Does anyone have a stock car with only B&B catback exhaust installed (no headers)? Most posts have headers installed. I live in California and so I want to stick to just a catback. If you do, could you describe what it sounds like or perhaps you could share a video.

Last edited:

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that set up but no cats either so may not be exactly what you are looking....overall lower tone/note than corsa or Belanger (stiill loud though), it does drone however. I'll try to post a video later. Good quality construction, fit and finish are good.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fairly certain there is a video from B&B floating around the internet with just the cat-back installed.

I never had it installed when stock so I can't be of any assistance either. I did prefer the sound of B&B over others when I made my decision to go with B&B.

OP
OP
V

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do the B&B catbacks come with mufflers and resonators. All the pics seem to be just generic pics and don't show them.

OP
OP
V

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Steve thanks for reply. Do you remember if you had any fitment issues? I spoke to one shop that works on a lot of Vipers and they said Corsa fits like an OEM part, and that his experience with other exhaust is having to tweak exhaust to get it to fit. Did you install it yourself or did you have a shop do it?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my car up on the lift. Do you want some pictures of it? It has the resonators that are behind the sills, but after that, it just has an x-pipe where the factory muffler would sit.

Hope this helps. What I did back when researching my exhaust was going to events and listening to the cars in person.

OP
OP
V

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my car up on the lift. Do you want some pictures of it? It has the resonators that are behind the sills, but after that, it just has an x-pipe where the factory muffler would sit.

Hope this helps. What I did back when researching my exhaust was going to events and listening to the cars in person.

Yes, if it's not too much trouble pics would be great.

OP
OP
V

Victor96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the B&B catback come with mufflers? I know at the rear it has an x-pipe but then where are the mufflers located. Aren't the cats located in the sills?

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMHO, the B&B is the best looking available, I have this setup with M&M headers. No smog problems and I am located in Southern, CA