B&M Shifter and MGW stuff installed

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today my B&M shifter and some Parts from MGW arrived.

I think its a nice upgrade. Unfortunately i had no time for a testdrive because it rains since 2 days... and my rear tires are more than worn.

CLICK HERE

Next is to repair (stone chips etc.) and chrome plate my rims.

I found some Hi-Beam lamps from a 1987 Volkswagen Polo that fit in the foglamps mounting bracket without any modifications.
They have a nice, clear(er) lens than the foglamps i used maybe 2 times in the last 4 years.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperama,

I noticed the Pioneer stereo/remote install (which looks good) and had a quick question. How well does that remote work and how much splicing did you have to do to install the head unit? Does it use the stock Alpine amp or the head units power? Thanks.

Frank

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Frank,
i installed the Head Unit and Remote 4 Years ago.
The Remote works pretty well (infrared) and still has the stock batteries inside.

When i did the Installation, i just cut the positive, acc and negative Cable from the factory Connector and installed complete new wiring for the Speakers and used only the head Units power.

Looking back on this, it was a waste of time and money (i changed speakers to).

Usually i try to get an adapter cable when i install a aftermarket radio in a car... i hate to cut or splice anything in a new car. I never found a adapter that connect the vipers plug with the usual ISO radio connectors.

During Winter, i planed to reinstall all the stock speakers and amplifier, removing all the additional cables etc. cut off the Alpine plug and install some ISO-Connectors to use the stock amplifier and speakers.

Greetings to Bern from Bern. ;)
http://www.admin.ch/ch/e/schweiz/capital.html