Baby Viper

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read something from December that said SRT would consider a production...seems really ridiculous....say it aint so...?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt SRT would do that. I know they are developing a SRT Barracuda which would not share the same platform as the challenger but will be lighter, smaller but still have a big V8. Maybe that's what your thinking of?

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope. read it on the "other" viper forum. CEO is quoted as endorsing the idea too...big thumbs down. Wish I knew how to post the link here but don't.

Speaking of big thumbs down, very unimpressed with that other forum.

21bubba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope. read it on the "other" viper forum. CEO is quoted as endorsing the idea too...big thumbs down. Wish I knew how to post the link here but don't.

Speaking of big thumbs down, very unimpressed with that other forum.

And them with you.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny..I just can't stay down on that level with all the vulgarity etc. One single day there is enough for a life time.

As for the baby viper concept, the suggestion was that it ws fueled by Fiat and that profitability was the objective. Reminds me of the cayenne, panamera, levanter, urus, FF and exp 9f push to cash in. Would hate to see it happen to the snake as I'm sure most of you would as well.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG... don't tell me its a four door Viper sedan ?

I'd rather have a kick ass pricey Viper sedan than some brand diluting baby "Viper". There's only one Viper, and it better have a V10. Enough compromises were already made.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed completely.

I was watching a video of a C7 test wherein the operator was in Eco mode running only four cylinders for fuel economy...seriously?

Hopefully brand dilution and mass production of an inferior model never comes forth

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I read it a little differently. Reading the whole thing, it looks like he wants to build some other cars that are SRT only, not an upgraded version of Dodge/Chrysler models. Since the Viper is the only car like that currently, he referred to it as a "baby Viper" in that sense. I don't think he'd ever make another car and also call it a Viper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably a 4C variant. No big deal as long as they call it a Garter Snake or something:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would drive a baby viper.... Totally wish the Razor was put into production I would have had one ordered right away!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A baby viper would not be a viper with a V6

It would be a completely different body style to compete with the $40-50k car segment

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baby Viper is merely a euphemism. It will not be better or encroach much on Viper territory. People used to call the Neon SRT-4 a baby Viper. It will probably be something in between today's Viper and today's Challenger in most ways - weight, power, size, etc. If they ever make it - that rumor has kind of slowed down.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be nice for them to do roadster with decent performance. Could do the coupe in the viper and no issueson trackdays and have the roadster for lett my hair blow in the wind, ahhhh. I too assume baby viper is just a reference to expanding the SRT car line, beyond the viper, to a model beneath it that's not a Dodge variant.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This has come up before and the simple question it poses is whether Chrysler Corp and SRT see the future of the Viper as it's own brand, where there is a line of Sports Cars under the Viper banner -- ala Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche.

The top of the line, like a 911 , would stay the course, but there would be lesser models that still embodied the principles of the Viper. One has to wonder if this is the direction this article and others are suggesting for the future? Hard to really tell, but the Viper as we know it is such a symbol for Chrysler Corporation, it is easy to see the thought process could extend to a distinct model line to keep the low number production viable far into the future.

I have no advance knowledge, just trying to extrapolate what the future my hold, based on this and other discussions about other Vipers? As we all know this could be nothing but a testing of the waters or just the use of a term by a scribe , thinking he was being clever with his description.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are reading way too much into this... Gilles has been throwing around those words for over a year now in reference to the new D-RWD car. SRT's Version will be an absolute beast, since it'll be lighter than the Challenger and come equiped with the 6.2 Hellcat AND possibly a Twin Turbo V-6. Combine this with optional AWD and I think we have SRT's GTR-fighter lol.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are reading way too much into this... Gilles has been throwing around those words for over a year now in reference to the new D-RWD car. SRT's Version will be an absolute beast, since it'll be lighter than the Challenger and come equiped with the 6.2 Hellcat AND possibly a Twin Turbo V-6. Combine this with optional AWD and I think we have SRT's GTR-fighter lol.

You think WE are reading too much into this and YOU think SRT is readying a GT-R Fighter??? I think a simple RWD coupe is much more realistic.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think WE are reading too much into this and YOU think SRT is readying a GT-R Fighter??? I think a simple RWD coupe is much more realistic.
No, I've just been keeping up-to-date on the latest D-RWD news, and it's supposed to have an AWD option as well. Looks like we'll see when auto show season rolls around and they start releasing all the updates for the LX platforms. Next year is a BIG year for Hemi, as the 5.7 will recieve a power bump to 400 hp, the 6.4 to 500, and the 6.2 with (hopefully) at least 600.
Whatever the case, I hope it at least LOOKS better than a GT-R (although that shouldn't be hard)

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed completely.

I was watching a video of a C7 test wherein the operator was in Eco mode running only four cylinders for fuel economy...seriously?

Hopefully brand dilution and mass production of an inferior model never comes forth

Really? Eco mode? I owned Vettes from 1985 until 2013 when I sold my ZR1. My wife's SL550 has an Eco mode and she doesn't like it - she always sets it on the Sport Mode when she drives it.

Now I know why I switched over to a Viper. Mess with it too much though and try to sell to the masses and I will go to something else for my next car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave