back in the know? Indy?

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Viperholics;

The Indy Weekend is definitely on; I have secured reduced room rates at the downtown Edmonton Courtyard Marriot; including secured parking for the Vipers; only 6 rooms blocked out if we need more we must make th ecomittment; I have also secured reduced 3 day pass tickets for the Indy and NASCAR races; trying to get 20 people minimum in our group. We have been invited to car shows Friday and Saturday in the downtown Edmonton area all related to Indy.

Track rental at: www.stratotech.ca for the Friday July 20th in Fort saskachewan is on HOLD until we get at least 10 cars committed to attending.

Saturday nights VCA dinner party is still on at Darryl Weflens place; I have no feedback on an a Saturday cruise route in the Edmonton area; need some assistance with that.

I will be in touch soon.

Cheers,

Jim

PS: I will send an update to ALL this week; as I am receiveing requests from Octane Motorsports and the Edmonton organizers for some commitments.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely want in on the track passes, hopefully that includes a pit pass.

Edmonton does not have the greatest of roads for cruises, but perhaps I'll get a chance to head out and find a route to suggest once I get my car back on Thursday. Jasper Ave downtown is plagued with construction right now. Off the top of my head, maybe start from host hotel, head down 109st or 100st across the bridge, follow calgary trail to south end, get on the A. Henday west and loop around to Yellowhead Trail, get off Yellowhead and go south down Groat Rd. which would lead to Hawrelack Park where you can drive through the park then over to the University and up 109st. from Whyte Ave, back to the hotel.

By no means am I claiming this to be an exciting drive, just trying to throw out some kind of suggestion if nobody else is. Would allow you to see a bit of the city and show off the cars through town a bit, without having to drive over any really terrible roads. Perhaps somebody else will chime in with some suggestions to expand this route or make it better, or possibly a whole new route all together.

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone;

I sent out the email blast bringing everyone up to date with our Vipers at Indy Weekend Event July 20th thru 22nd. The City of Edmonton, downtown business association and Octane Sports are really putting on a show; the downtown core will be really rocking all weekend.

The owners of the Bodnar Car Museum have also made exceptions to ensure the Viper Club can have the private tour on Saturday morning 10:00 till noon.

I am waiting for some more responses before I comit to the 3 day pass block of tickets for the Indy Event, goal is 24 people already at 8.

We just booked our room at the Courtyard Marriott; call directly to the Hotel ask for QC his direct line is 780 945 4732; otherwise ask for the Viper Club Block. Hotels are starting to fill up so please DO NOT DELAY, you may be out of luck for the downtown core.

I may be able to increase our block size if we react quickly.

Cheers,

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456