Bad BP gas northern Indiana, Chicago, etc.

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I frequent 3 of the bad BP stations listed, and have visited 2 in the past 2 weeks... I did read somewhere that it was only the lower and middle grades affected (middle is a blend of high and low grades), but I cannot find the reference... Thankfully I've been fine!

-mb

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad that you are OK.

Ricker's is a local Indiana firm with a lot of BP stations...let me quote from their web site:
"August 29, 2012
[h=3]Ricker's moves to fix latest BP gas recall problem[/h]By Dani Palmer The Herald Bulletin The Herald Bulletin Wed Aug 29, 2012, 04:33 PM EDT
ANDERSON, Ind. — Despite initial reports that Ricker’s gas stations were not involved in the recent recall by BP gasoline shipped from its Whiting, Ind., fuel terminal, a few locations were apparently affected as BP announced today it was taking further precautionary measures, Ricker’s Chariman Jay Ricker said.

The recall initially included only regular grade gasoline and Ricker’s did not receive any of those shipments, Ricker said.

However on Wednesday, BP stated that some of its premium grade gasoline was affected, “but to a much lesser degree.”

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had 1 report of a members car having the symptoms and had to have it repaired. Haven't heard anyone else have the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper