Been bitten and feels good

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feels so good to be here! Got my GTS just over a month ago and have been tinkering,cleaning and perfecting for most of that time (and a little bit of driving too). I'm absolutely delighted and havn't suffered a moments remorse. Little things influenced my decision to change my C5 to a Viper, however once I saw and drove it at the dealership in England I was smitten. Many thanks to Michael Pavloff for letting me sit in his GTS last Oct at Carlsbad. Thats when I was first bitten! Also thanks to the guy in an RT/10 I followed through Palm Springs last year. He didn't know it but I was bitten then too. Now that I've got here I will start a programme of gradual improvements and modifications so I hope to ask some questions and generally seek advice. Any help will be gratefully recieved. Feels good to be a "Power user"

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,just as soon as I get some interesting ones, I'll get them up. Plenty of history here both good and bad that could be used to show off my viper!

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joel
Did you have a red c-5 convert and did you take it to Kinsel(SP?)? If so I've seen you wondering the country side. You have a very Wonderful country BUT when we were there I remember thinking "There is no place I could run my car FAST". Where can you let it out some?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne:
I'm from Germany (Bavaria!) - forget all the porsches!!!
I/We call the porsche's just a "housewife race car" - hoho...
See you
Markus (newbie)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Joel,
First viper I've heard of in Ireland must be a rare sight over there. Is it a US or Euro? from your avatar it looks like a euro

bad viper: In the UK, the press have a love/hate relationship,
some adore it others loath it, influencing the public. I guess
there's about 70 snakes over here, so they certainly stand out.
Haven't heard of any one being called a ****, more like lottery winners, due to the $102K gts asking price

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Joel,
Congrats from a fellow Irishman. Great to know our favorite car has now invaded our homeland in style. As the treasurer of the New Jersey (USA) Viper Club of America region, I would like to invite you to come see us when you are in the states. After all we are the closest US club region to you!!! (we don't count New York or New England,Sorry fellas!!!) We have a very active annual schedule of Viper events which are listed on our website.
Good luck with your new super ride and give us a call.
Bob Carroll

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I spent a couple of weeks in your country 2 years ago.Thats when I became a Guinness fan.Makes everything else seem like lite beer.Does your right hand have the same difficulty finding the correct gear as my left hand did at times in your country?Yes even when I was Guinness free. Bruce

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious what is the European opinion
on the whole of the Viper?
Guy in Germany on the Porsche forum said
only "pimps" drive Vipers on the Autobahn!!
In America, pimps only "wish"they could drive a Viper!

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone
Viper is pretty well regarded in Europe and its surprising how many people know about viper.
Glenn, that wasn't me in Kinsale, in fact I come from just outside Belfast which although geographically Ireland is politically Northern Ireland. Thankfully viper and this forum takes my head away from politics. Ireland is a wonderful place and if more of its inhabitants had less extreme opinions and realised we're all on the one planet and all built much the same(unlike our cars!) it would be even better.
There are a lot of unviperish roads but also some fast motorways and A roads. You just need to know where to look and what time to be there. the viper is just a world away from the vette and I don't think there are any other cars, European or otherwise which are as hard and tough (maybe the diablo is close)
Neil, thanks for the e-mail, i'll get back to you soon
Bob, like the John Lennon thing, its an important one to remember and thanks for the invite. In fact i'll be in SoCal in 2 weeks but will meet you when next on the east
GTS - try a couple of pints of guinness and half a dozen oysters -- a potent combination!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joel:

GTS - try a couple of pints of guinness and half a dozen oysters -- a potent combination!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, to result in a pregnancy?!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joel,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I just saw your post now. Congratulations on your Viper purchase, and I'm glad I helped sway you!

As it turns out, I am hoping to be back down at Carlsbad on Sunday the 29th of July. Any chance you can make it out? I'd enjoy seeing you again and hearing your tales of how Viper ownership has been going.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkusReinhardt:

I/We call the porsche's just a "housewife race car" - hoho...
See you
Markus (newbie)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha!!!
laugh.gif

That's really funny, especially coming from someone who's German! Thanks for the honesty, though I assume your opinion is not necessarily pervasive in your country....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joel:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard about the oyster thing. Won't they leave marks?

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, Yes I definitely plan to be at Carlsbad so all being well I'll see you there.

Frank, I'll be based in LA and Palm Springs but if there are any viper things happening I'll be delighted to drive to them. I have no fixed plans at the moment apart from Carlsbad and a long drive would be a pleasure so if anythings happening let me know

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth