Belanger Exhaust Upgrade - Before & After Vid

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer just completed the Belanger upgrade to my 2004 SRT Vert - which was completely stock prior.

The upgrades I had done were as follows:
1. K&N Air Intake
2. Belanger Exhaust Kit - Headers, Hi-Flo Cats, Cat-Back Exhaust.

I did take a before and after vid, but I have to say it doesn't do justice. There is a significant difference after the install. My thoughts are as follows:
1. Start and Idle have a mean, "don't 'F' with me, low tone growl, which almost always instigates a resposne for any one near the vehicle when it starts.
2. Acceleration up through 3k-5k+ RPMs is a loud, spirited, rapid frequency grunt that is VERY unique. It sounds nothing like a vintage big block American Muscle car.
3. The harmonics engineering is very interesting. Idle and acceleration are unique as described above, however noise around the 2k'ish RPM range is eerily docile. Which is great. I had to take my son to a lacrosse game yesterday that was an hour a way. With the top down, the acoustics during acceleration were very spirited....but when hitting our stride into 5th gear running 78mph and 2k RPMs, we could hear the stereo and carry on a covnersation just fine.
4. ...and yes, there is a significant reduction in cabin heat and sill heat.

While the vid doesn't do the difference justice, you can get a flavor for the improvement -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTR1fA4o5Q :omg::headbang:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh music to the ears. Thnx for posting, and congrats .... now, go make noise, not friends. ;-)

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice....I've a black 2005 and have been researching header/exhaust upgrade. Great sound at idle!