Best canned tunes

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So years ago when I bought my 04 I got an SCT with it with a hot and cold tune. It seemed to be a pretty good one as the car put down 480 hp at the tires and 530 ft-lbs with just a catback and a K&N. That being said, I think I'm fairly convinced the tune is for 93 octane, which is not readily available around me. I'm debating trying to get something that's more compatible with 91 and know places like Roe Racing and others have some canned setups. I realize an actual dyno tune would be better, but wondering what people's experience has been with tunes like these. I could always keep my 93 tune since I have it on the SCT already. I believe I can put 3 tunes on it, so I've got room for a 91 setup and could swap back and forth if I really wanted to. Also just debating going completely stock, but haven't really decided on that. The only problem with that is I don't think I actually have a stock tune anywhere. Long story short I think two different programmers were used on my car and the one I have saved the "stock" tune as what was already on the car, which I think was modified.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car does not ping on the 93 tune you can use it, all my cars have 93 tunes from when I lived back east, here in AZ there is only 91, I use Shell, yet all the cars run fine no pinging, plugs look good, I do run one step colder plugs which helps a lot, especially in my supercharged Shelby.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think I get some knocking from time to time with very specific conditions and one of the times on the dyno the operator pointed it out to me. It's harder to hear over the exhaust, but figured it would be better to track the car on a safer tune. I don't really mind the 93 for daily driving as I don't push the car to the point that I would need to worry about knock, but when really stressing it on the track I'm wondering if I might be hurting something. I currently have a rather loud knock, but that would be a bearing issue that I'm planning to dig into this weekend when my QuickJacks show up.