BEST PLUGS FOR NOS

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still debating whether to migrate my NX setup from my Vette to the Viper, but I ran two-grades cooler sparkplugs and was told NOT to use the platinum plugs with the N20 setup.

-Dean.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NGK ZFR 6F II on a 200+ shot of nitrous. Gapped 0.31

Will probably try BKR 7EVX this season, then the electrode will be higher up in the combustion room, wich should give even more effect...

/JP

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PJ the spark plugs are NGK v-power Stock #4291-zfr6f-11 and you want to use pills 41 & 24 for your 150power shot.

P.S I guess I wont be the only NX user in ILLINOIS.

Turan

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we are talking about this, I'm curious for the guys who are running 150 shot. (because I have a NX N20 system that I pulled off of my Vette, and I'm wondering if/how I should set it up for the Viper).

Are guys you tapping off of the regular fuel lines for the extra gas, Or do you have a propane mix setup?

Also do you retard the timing?

On my Vette (which had a knock sensor) I could only do 100 shot, and with any higher jetting I needed to retard the timing.

-Dean.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a seperate line ran, didn't want to cut the fuel line and insert a tee. The most important thing is make sure Your having enough fuel, althrough they say it is safe to run a 150 to a 200 shot off of the stock line you have to remember we have a V10. Just my insurance.
BURNOUT.gif

Turan

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't use a dry system if you plan to take out more then 100-120 HP. Above that would I recommend adding more fuel. (trick the cold start, use propane or a separate line from a fuel cell)

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KingSnake,

How did you run another fuel line? Did you add another fuel pump and pickup?

JP,

I think that the only dry systems are for the Gen I vipers.

The propane fuel systems are cool, but costly and complex by the time that you add a second bottle warmer to maintain proper pressure.

I'm only considering N20 if I can adapt my NX system to the Viper, and if I can do it reliably. I'm OK with having it mildly jetted (100hp) if need be, but 150hp would be cooler if it can be achieved without putting the engine at risk.

-Dean.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All system designed for Vipers from NOS do trick the fuel enrichment system (Cold start). So in that way they are not dry systems. The Propane systems are easier to install and use then a separate fuel tank and line system. The original fuel system does not flow enough to run a safe 150+ NX system. (my 2 cents)
/JP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
KingSnake,

How did you run another fuel line? Did you add another fuel pump and pickup?

JP,

I think that the only dry systems are for the Gen I vipers.

The propane fuel systems are cool, but costly and complex by the time that you add a second bottle warmer to maintain proper pressure.

I'm only considering N20 if I can adapt my NX system to the Viper, and if I can do it reliably. I'm OK with having it mildly jetted (100hp) if need be, but 150hp would be cooler if it can be achieved without putting the engine at risk.

-Dean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a wet system you need a separate fuel line, pum and cell. Can be fitted in the engine compartment. On other way is to speed up the original fuel pump, put 16 volt on it when activating the NOS...it works.

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely that's too much expense and effort for me to retrofit an extra tank and all of the rest.
What do you think is the most N20 tht you can run split off of the regular fuel lines. 100hp, or is there no way to add any N20 without a second fuel source?

I'm not going to be drag racing the car every week, and I can't justify spending an extra $1000 for something that I'm going to only use occasionally.

It's just that I already have the full NX system, and thought if I can retrofit it to the Viper for less than $200, then it would be worth it, as opposed to selling the N20 setup at half of what I bought it for.

-Dean.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the Plug,Bob W.(were looking for you at UNO's thurs.)
I agree with the king of nitrous TOM @BTR.(Keep your stock plugs)90+% of the time you'll be just driving your viper on stock power,stock plugs work best.Your car won't run its best on colder plugs.Stock plugs are cheap and if your air/Fuel is correct (check on dyno)Stock plugs will hold up to 150hp.Using nitrous you should be checking and/or changing your stock plugs after 40-50lbs of juice.I do tighten up the gap to 31-32,keeping the spark stronger.PS I did try the colder plugs mentioned above!Hope to see you at the Supercars dyno day Sat.April 20th @ Street Stuff,even though its not a TOOFAST system,we'll help you get it right,Viper Brother
cool.gif

PS2,If you want to keep up with TOOOFST and get the most out of your car with/without NOS get VEC1.Dyno and track proven.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with NOS if the Enrichment Controller will work with your GTS, if so, buy it and use that one to be safe up to 125Hp.

If not...I wouldn't try it. You need fuel to get power! Nitrous just ad oxygen.

/JP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
Most likely that's too much expense and effort for me to retrofit an extra tank and all of the rest.
What do you think is the most N20 tht you can run split off of the regular fuel lines. 100hp, or is there no way to add any N20 without a second fuel source?

I'm not going to be drag racing the car every week, and I can't justify spending an extra $1000 for something that I'm going to only use occasionally.

It's just that I already have the full NX system, and thought if I can retrofit it to the Viper for less than $200, then it would be worth it, as opposed to selling the N20 setup at half of what I bought it for.

-Dean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakster,even if you could retofit you existing nitrous,DONT do it,your $50000+car is worth more than a Shot in the dark!Buy a proven system or don't at all!
death2.gif

Reaction score
We have been using a NGK colder plug for everyday driving and don't see a difference. And on motor at the track have run 10.90's. We also upgraded the stock fuel pump with an aftermarket in tank pump. If anyone is interested in any of the items feel free to shoot me an email.