Best Spring Compressor to remove springs from shocks without damage?

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And don't say that dumb hydraulic one off of ebay. That thing doesn't fit in between the coils. I want something that is tight and neat, can be manual (that is turned by ratchet if necessary). But I am powdercoating my springs and refinishing the shocks so I don't want to ruin the finish...

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I,ve got the harbor frt one, it's not great but works ok. I've tried everything else with no luck,problem is the spacing between the coils. Real tuff to deal with. I even went to many shops, and couldn't anything that worked. Good luck

OP
OP
B

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave,

So the Harbor Freights fit? I can probably wrap the coils in layers of tape to protect them. But they have to clear the shocks since I can't really wrap those without the spring off.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nope...remember that you told me to hold off because the vendor ran out of them and he refuned yor money. I will get you one if you want.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Harbor Freight type works...just FOLLOW the directions and use anti-seize on the threads...and, at $9.00 a set, buy a couple of sets, and throw them away after usage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave