Best way to detail the wheel wells?

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best way to get the undercarriage dressing all over the wells. The space is soooooo tight I find it really difficult. I know I could remove the wheel and that is a great idea but a big PITA for detailing purposes. Is there a good slim brush that can get them or :dunno: What do most of you all do?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i take the wheels off once a year to do that and during the year, i reach in wash with soap and water and then spray some stoner tire dressing on them

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just take the wheels off, a little bit of a PITA yes, but it allows me clean everything behind the wheels throughly. I've also sealed my wheels with Rejex. It really cuts down the amount of time it takes to clean these Gen II ACR wheels.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is what I figured I'd need to do. I just don't want to spray the dressing b/c of it dripping everywhere including staining the driveway etc. Thanks guys.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just clean them with a hose. When dry, hit them with some WD-40. Makes them nice and dark, and easier to clean the next time. Be careful not to spray the tires or brakes.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is what I figured I'd need to do. I just don't want to spray the dressing b/c of it dripping everywhere including staining the driveway etc. Thanks guys.

Then you could put a 50 gallon trash bag or piece of cardboard under the said drip zone. No driveway stains, no worries. I did mine in the "comfort" of my shop with a big sheet of cardboard underneath.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the ACE Turbo Stick to clean the inside of my wheels and use it on the wheel wells as well.

http://stores.shopthompsonracing.com/-strse-70/Adam's-Turbo-Stick-Wheel/Detail.bok
You must be registered for see images attach

Great for getting around the big Viper brakes!

Works great with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner on the wheels and Adam's All Purpose Cleaner on the wheel wells.

Once the car is dry, I use Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray on the wheel wells cause they grey up pretty bad on the Vipers.

It's nice because it does not get all over the place, like WD-40 and it works really well. Smells great too!

http://stores.shopthompsonracing.com/-strse-124/Adam's-Invisible-Undercarriage-Spray/Detail.bok

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive it for hours in the rain to wash of the cow pie :drive:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once the car is dry, I use Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray on the wheel wells cause they grey up pretty bad on the Vipers.

It's nice because it does not get all over the place, like WD-40 and it works really well. Smells great too!

http://stores.shopthompsonracing.com/-strse-124/Adam's-Invisible-Undercarriage-Spray/Detail.bok

I love this stuff, I use it on my Jeep too.....amazing stuff, just spray it on!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For wheels, I have a Daytona brush, but do remove them for cleaning when needed.

For the wheel houses, I've used Zainos tire product forever. A wax applicator pad used just for that (placed in a ziplock until next time) and just wipe the fender wheels. On my '96 and 2000 I can reach in well enough to do a nice job. No spray mess.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe I have way too much time, but I rather enjoy taking the wheels off every 6 months or so and cleaning and generally looking at all the suspension parts and brake system. It's fun--Dave

speedfreak99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didnt like the dull black look of the wheel wells and removed them. After cleaning I repainted with black vinyl paint. Wheel wells look brand new. I guess i will see how long they stay looking new.... Keep ya posted

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're all interested in the Turbo Stick, I'll throw it up tonight on special on our site. Check the Daily Specials Section.

UPDATE: Turbo Stick Daily Special has been added. Search for DSTURBO.

Last edited:

speedfreak99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok cool thx for info ill check that out ! I looked at your sight i found adams invisible undercarrige spray ? I think i will try that as well. Ya sounds good i didnt see the turbo stick but will keep looking.

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

Bought a bigass bottle of the Adams Under-Carriage Spray off Amazon. (If it *****, Amazon will take it back.) Well, it will not be going back. I had some severely white staining going on on both the front and rear wells near the edge. Cleaned these well, dried well, applied well, worked it in with a towel well. Made a night and day difference. Not sure how long it will last, but it BLEW AWAY Mother's Back to Black which SUCKED for wheel wells. Seems like the more you use it the better it will cover with black. My car will hardly ever get driven in the rain etc, so you mileage may very. Two thumps up for this stuff. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets