Beware of people using you pics without permission

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got an email of this

http://randjdistributing.com/chrome/chrome_11.htm

problem is that no one asked for permission to use my pic.

2 its not even chrome as stated in the ad. Its polished (the bottom pic)

That's my intake that I had visions of speed do for me. No association to the above.

The injector wires were hand made along with the blue schrader valve/sending unit.

I cant understand how this guy can use a pic of another shops work pass it off for his own work and totally mislead people by telling them what they see is chrome when its polished.

FYI
I didn't want to get chrome b/c of heat issues, detonation and power loss.

vd.. :bonker:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this was in my photo gallery from a long time ago when my mamba was supercharged. for newer pics check out my thread about viper d's winter project. I will be updating it today with some turbo pics.

6400IMGP2699-med.JPG

6400IMGP2695-med.JPG

6400IMGP2692-med.JPG

6400IMGP2702-med.JPG

vd..

where is the b/s flag when you need it.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The polished intake looks good. Can't wait to see the twin turbo pics.
You're doing the RSI basic Level 1 twin turbo package right? Their advertise says 702 RWHP !!
Good luck with your twins :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you dont have some sort of patent or trademark on your phont's, every Joe smo can do what he or she wants with them. If they want to show friends what vehicle they own or even what they have done to it so be it. We really know who it belong's to. Im no way bashing on you, I think it *****. Those wheels you posted the other day (asanti's) were badass, I went to there website they have some killer wheels.

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you dont have some sort of patent or trademark on your phont's, every Joe smo can do what he or she wants with them. If they want to show friends what vehicle they own or even what they have done to it so be it. We really know who it belong's to. Im no way bashing on you, I think it *****. Those wheels you posted the other day (asanti's) were badass, I went to there website they have some killer wheels.

I guess i am more pissed about the fact that they are using my pic and associating it with a lie or a mistruth.

vd..

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well you could think of it this way, out of all the vipers they could of choosed, they opt to choose your cuz your's looked the best. :2tu:

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm very sorry....we already took down the pic from our site...the reason the pic was there was just to give all customer some idea of after the install in the car....yes the picture is ONLY polished,but we offering fully chromed...longer lasting, better looking and easy cleaning....sorry again...

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal!! A local shop is using my car in an advertisement from when I dynoed there.

Did not know it until I went to their website and saw it. It has been up for a year now and I think it is pretty cool. They took the pic themselves, I did not even know they took it.

Reaction score
Moot point now. They never said THAT particular intake was what you got...nor did they say it wasn't, An OK argumant for "for illustration purposes only, actual product may vary...."

Granted, that wasn't there....but he took down the image when asked (or when he found out someone was upset).

Like I said...moot point now.

Looks NICE though! :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shop that did my striping liked it so much they are using my car on their (under construction) new website. They didn't ask, but I could care less. In fact I think it's pretty cool.

http://www.gdezineltd.com/

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you guys are missing the poit

this guy had nothing to do with my car!!!

If he wanted to show what his product would look like then he should use his product not someone eles.

The reason he couldn't show his product is b/c mine was the 1st and a one off piece.

Its like paxton showing blower pis of procharger on their website with as tony said no disclaimer its very very misleading Just wrong! then saying its chrome when its not to boot.

If a viper brother likes the way my intake looks then why pay extra to have it chromed. I'll tell ya b/c they think what they see is chrome when its not! good for the seller bad for the buyer!

vd..

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we do NOT offering polished parts...the cleaning part will just kick everyones ass....we ONLY offer chromed....like i said, we didn't lie about chrome...and this is not like the 1st intake we sold or anything...i'm sure a lots of guys out there got our chrome parts on....but again...i'm sorry we used your picture without asking...it was for illustration purposes only, we thought your car looks great....but we have removed the picture off our site...sorry again...thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh