Big "A'" Detailing - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY took my Viper to Andrew for a good going over. First time the car has seen a serious polishing and cleaning (or as Andrew calls it - "clearcoat correction") since new just over 2 years ago. Andrew has a small garage in Whitestone, Queens - 3 blocks off of the Cross Island Parkway, so access from the City and from the Boros are pretty easy. I don't have a place for the "traveling" detailers to do their thing and most of the city detailers are either extremely expensive or have rather shetchy reps with attitude (or both) so I've had Big "A" under "investigation" for some time.

After checking his work, his place and corresponding with several of his customers and dealers who use him, I was very comfortable leaving him my car for 2 days.

He's ridiculously meticulous with his work and frankly, I think he more enjoys bringing a car with a damaged finish back to life than working on a finish that's in reasonably good shape. Nonetheless, my Viper was returned to me looking better than the day it was delivered to Tator's. The clearcoat was all glass smooth again and the paint looks deeper and darker than I can ever recall. Most of all, Andrew is RESPONSIBLE and HONEST; call him the Chuck Tator of detailing. His pricing is reasonable, might actually be cheap considering the effort you get and if you've got some serious flaws in your finish, he can work miracles!

Here's a link to the Infiniti sight where he posts up his work in outrageously great detail (no pun intended). The pics of my car begin with post number 387. You might need to skip down since through the hundred's of photos of his work and work orders with chosen products.

BIG "A" DETAILING Shop Introduction & Pricing - Page 20 - InfinitiScene.com

Obviously, if you call, tell him City sent ya and he'll do a bit better for VCA members!

Contact Info:
Owner: Andrew (Email)
Shop Address: 17-16 154 St., Whitestone, NY 11357
Located next to Amichi Deli & across the street from JHS 194
Telephone: 718-445-9995
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday By Appointment Only

For the record, I didn't get any special deal nor am I getting any vig as a result of this thread. Andrew's just a good, hard working guy who does a great job and takes remarkable pride in his work. Just trying to do everyone a solid here. :2tu:

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Bout time you got her done :) Being a detailer among other things by profession I hope to be able to inspect the work personally in a few weeks!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pics from the detailing website. In some of the shots, you can barely tell if it's a photo of a reflection or not!

Andrew's a serious artist with a buffer! :D:2tu:

23-3.jpg

city71.jpg

18-4.jpg

25-3.jpg

26-3.jpg

28-3.jpg

27-3.jpg

32-3.jpg

30-3.jpg

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Scott! Oh, I meant great pics! Black cars have some of the best reflections I think. Hey, it took a lot of time reflecting to come up with that.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
city71.jpg

This one is my favorite shot...incredible mirror-like finish. If you look closely enough, you can see the "Teen Beat" magazine with Jimmy on the cover hanging on the wall. Amazing clarity! :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looked sh!thot when I saw your car 3 weeks ago at Chuck's, this detailer definitely approves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.