Big detail job ahead. Need help!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys use to detail your interior? Leather and plastic panels. I want find something that doesn't leave a wet greasy feel/look but more of a dull factory look. Just like when you first pick up your brand new car from the dealership.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the plastic parts, Adam's VRT is excellent when used very sparringly. If you cake it on, it will start to shine. The same goes for Mother's Back to Black. For the leather cleaning, The Adam's leather cleaner does an excellent job at cleaning leather but as for the dressing, all of the products that I have used leave a slight luster to the leather. If you want a matte finish, you may have to go with a product like they sell at Wilson's leathers. I like a slight luster (not shiny), and that's what most leather dressings that I have used will give you. I have found that both the Zaino and Adam's leather dressings to be very similar.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the plastic parts, Adam's VRT is excellent when used very sparringly. If you cake it on, it will start to shine. The same goes for Mother's Back to Black. For the leather cleaning, The Adam's leather cleaner does an excellent job at cleaning leather but as for the dressing, all of the products that I have used leave a slight luster to the leather. If you want a matte finish, you may have to go with a product like they sell at Wilson's leathers. I like a slight luster (not shiny), and that's what most leather dressings that I have used will give you. I have found that both the Zaino and Adam's leather dressings to be very similar.

Thank you. I will look these products up and try them out.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Adam's Leather and Interior cleaner any time I'm cleaning a leather interior (The interior in my Viper is suede, so I just brush and vacuum). I use the Adam's Interior brush to scrub the fabric. It's really soft and good on leather. I then use a microfiber towel to soak up all the dirt.

Once the leather is cleaned, I treat the seats, door panels, and any other leather parts (minus steering wheel) to Adam's Leather Conditioner. It leaves the leather really soft and will protect it for a long time. Adam's Leather Conditioner contains SPF60, so the leather will be protected. The Leather Conditioner leaves a low luster shine, perfect for the dashboard.

Next I will hit all the plastic trim with Adam's In&Out Spray. In&Out Spray will make your plastic look brand new!

Don't forget to clean your glass. I use Adam's Glass Cleaner with a glass microfiber towel.

I recommend this kit. I'll throw in a FREE can of IN&Out Spray with the kit.

You must be registered for see images

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Perfect Interior Kit

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Adam's Leather and Interior cleaner any time I'm cleaning a leather interior (The interior in my Viper is suede, so I just brush and vacuum). I use the Adam's Interior brush to scrub the fabric. It's really soft and good on leather. I then use a microfiber towel to soak up all the dirt.

Once the leather is cleaned, I treat the seats, door panels, and any other leather parts (minus steering wheel) to Adam's Leather Conditioner. It leaves the leather really soft and will protect it for a long time. Adam's Leather Conditioner contains SPF60, so the leather will be protected. The Leather Conditioner leaves a low luster shine, perfect for the dashboard.

Next I will hit all the plastic trim with Adam's In&Out Spray. In&Out Spray will make your plastic look brand new!

Don't forget to clean your glass. I use Adam's Glass Cleaner with a glass microfiber towel.

I recommend this kit. I'll throw in a FREE can of IN&Out Spray with the kit.

You must be registered for see images

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Perfect Interior Kit

That's a nice kit! Covers all the bases. :2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want find something that doesn't leave a wet greasy feel/look but more of a dull factory look.

I like the Lexol Products

Lexol - Trusted by professionals
You must be registered for see images attach

Can be purchased at your local auto store.

Adam, Griots and others will get the job done as well. I recommend the Lexol Vinylex product because it has UV protection in it which could help protect your dash. Not sure about the others. Also, Ive heard alot of good stuff about this 303 stuff but have never tried it...303 Products, Inc.: 303 Aerospace Protectant

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My interior is painted gloss black, what should be used for painted plastic parts?

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it painted plastic with spray bomb vinyl paint or primer/base/clear like the exterior?

If it is vinyl paint, use the least agressive cleaner. I recommend trying Adam's Glass Cleaner. Ammonia products might be too harsh.

If it is base/clear, treat it like the exterior of your paint. Use Adam's Waterless Wash to clean, then polish accordingly. Follow up with a sealent/protectant.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adams Leather Conditioner is it! Used to use Lexol on all three vehicles, but since my truck seat gets used the most, it needed the most work (2004 Ram 3500). Adams works in nice, and leaves it soft and supple. As soon as this HORRID winter is over, I'm treating the truck interior to a nice cleaning and conditioning.

I'm also a fan of 303 Protectant for dash and plastic parts. But, Adams VRT has won me over for rubber trim, and tires.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
autoglym....stuff is awesome and not many people carry it but it can clean leather suede, alcantara, plastic, and carpets. Best stuffed I've used for cleaning my cars and others. I have some before and after pics if you want to see them.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Zaino Z10 a try, it looks and smells awesome. If you want more of a shine mix a little Z16 with the Z10.