Bill Estes Dodge & Arrow Rebuild

John Stuttle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just got my 2001 GTS back today. I took it to Bill Estes Dodge , Indianapolis, IN on October 15,2001 because it was running rough and had a loud tick in the right hand valve train. Soon found out #2 intake valve had dropped.

At first they said DC had authorized a crate engine to be installed but instead DC sent a crate about two weeks later and the engine went off to Arrow for a rebuild. Estes Received the engine back on Friday November 30. The techs had it installed and running in two days. 7 1/2 weeks total downtime.

Estes service then sent the car to be fully detailed and I picked it up today. All the service people at Estes were excellent and always freindly. They kept the car the whole time in a out of the way service bay, up on a lift. It arrived back to me without so much as a scratch, even under the hood was detailed. The tech also installed an aluminum flywheel that I purchased from Sean Roe at Roe Racing , NO Charge.

Hey I only put 50 miles on today, so I have a long way to go for the break in period, but everything looks good. Estes Dodge treated me good, and the techs got a early Christmas present from me. I would highly recommend them! And now I can put the Hennessey air box on that I purchased a month ago!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
VERY GLAD to hear that you are back in action, John! And, happy to hear things went so well at Estes Dodge's service dept...there are some nice folks in parts and service there. Hope to see you Sat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4