Black Vipers win @ Dyno Day on Sat April 17th

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to Charley participating at the last the Black Vipers won in the day in several catagories. Not only the most whp for a single Viper but also for overal score based on colors of all vehicles tested as well as all Viper colors. Way to Go Black Vipers!!! The autocross may have a challange forming to prove BLACK is not the FASTEST!!! :drive:

Here is some pics....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought that snakes, especially Vipers , preferred warm tropical places. Apparently today's cool and damp weather brought out the beast in our Vipers (especially the black ones) and resulted in some very serious numbers on the dyno. The owner had recently had the Mustang dyno re-calibrated so I am thinking these very strong numbers were quite valid.

I was a lot of fun there today and we saw a lot of people put their personal best numbers up.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those numbers look like Bhp.

You guys all had fun anyway.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You bet! John puts on a great event, and everyone had a good time.

The only disappointment was no entries in the Open division! Not a single heavy-breather showed up. Just us Basic-horsepower guys! :)

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! You crack me up! Like you would even consider releasing that Red/Silver beauty you just got. I see way too much fun in your very near future! :headbang:

And yes, we are such sticklers for the finer points of Dyno Day - like actually showing up! ;)

BTW - I noticed your Dyno Sheet was run at 90 degrees. Bet you could pop more like 875 in our weather! 50 degrees at sea level.....time for a new sheet.... :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, I love my Sapphire/silver GTS. I bought the Red/silver ACR for resale. It has $40,000 worth of mods and I'm adding another few thousand now. Hoping to sell for $55,000 here in Canada because there is very few modified Vipers here. If it takes awhile to sell, I hope/expect that Viper prices will go up in June when Viper production ends.

Unfortuntely, I don't plan to drive this ACR much so that the mileage stays down low. I'll trailer it out to a couple events so that VCA guys know the car and then I'll drive my Roe sc GTS again.

I know that Red/silver is the most popular color. And I would like to chrome the VR1s on my other car now.

You must be registered for see images

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL! You crack me up! Like you would even consider releasing that Red/Silver beauty you just got. I see way too much fun in your very near future! :headbang:

And yes, we are such sticklers for the finer points of Dyno Day - like actually showing up! ;)

BTW - I noticed your Dyno Sheet was run at 90 degrees. Bet you could pop more like 875 in our weather! 50 degrees at sea level.....time for a new sheet.... :2tu:

Not sure if the cold humid air would make much difference to this cars power output. Maybe a little? This car has a Macedo Intercooler Chiller system that sprays C02 onto the Paxton ic. So other than intake air the temp wouldn't change much because of that.

HOWEVER, the Mustang dyno that you guys used would add about 10% to the numbers with the same hp so my dyno sheet from there would have been over 880rwhp :) :)

Ted

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "gohst of Clint" ,I like that.

Wish I could have been there, sadly I was hanging out at the Long Beach Grand Prix and couldn't make it :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth