Blasphemy? TZ3 Corsa could use the chassis and engine of a Dodge Viper SRT10

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alfa-Inspired Zagato TZ3 Corsa May Enter Production on Dodge Viper Platform - Rumor Central

The Zagato TZ3 Corsa sports car may be heading to production, but its underpinnings will prove a huge shock to Alfa Romeo fans. The car’s retro design was meant to honor the brand’s Italian heritage, yet a report from Germany’s AutoBild says a production TZ3 Corsa could use the chassis and engine of a Dodge Viper SRT10.

The TZ3 Corsa, which debuted as a custom one-off design at the Ville d’Este Concours in Italy last year, originally used Alfa Romeo mechanicals borrowed from the 8C Competizione. Fitting, considering the TZ3 was commissioned by Alfa Romeo collector Martin Knapp to honor Alfa’s 100th anniversary, and took its styling cues from the historic Alfa Romeo TZ and TZ2 race cars.

The TZ3 Corsa design study used a 4.2-liter V-8 producing 420 horsepower, a carbon fiber frame, and an aluminum body. If the car does go into limited production by using the Viper chassis, the TZ3 will end up with an 8.4-liter V-10 engine that, in the Viper, produced 600 horsepower.

Dodge will introduce a new iteration of the Viper sometime in 2012, but as Zagato reportedly plans to introduce a production TZ3 by “early 2012”, we don’t expect the TZ3 to co-opt parts from the next-gen Viper.

Although the Fiat merger has brought the Dodge and Alfa Romeo brands closer than ever, is an Alfa-bodied Viper suitable or sheer sacrilege? Send us your thoughts in the comments section below.

Source: Autobild.de
#gallery-1 { MARGIN: auto}#gallery-1 .gallery-item { MARGIN-TOP: 10px; FLOAT: left; WIDTH: 33%; TEXT-ALIGN: center}#gallery-1 IMG { BORDER-RIGHT: #cfcfcf 2px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cfcfcf 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cfcfcf 2px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfcfcf 2px solid}#gallery-1 .gallery-caption { MARGIN-LEFT: 0px}#ctl00_ctl09_ctl00 { VISIBILITY: hidden}

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am worried that all this crap that Alfa is going to do is going to make me hate the new Viper because of them ruining such a beautiful and unique car.:grumpy:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's with all the new supercars looking like the old Z3 M coupe? I'm not a fan of this bodystyle... And I doubt they'd put an American made motor into a Euro car. I'm sure the Europeans would think that in of itself is blasphemy as much as we do!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the bastard child of a Porsche 928 and Jaguar XKR....coincidentally the styling of both cars are considered "dated" by today's standards.

I can't see this rumor being true to any degree....probably someone in Europe just talking crap figuring it'd go nowhere.

Regards,
Aaron

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not too bad. Give it a nice rear end and it would look pretty nice. But then again, a nice rear end can make alot of things look nice. Ooops!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am worried that all this crap that Alfa is going to do is going to make me hate the new Viper because of them ruining such a beautiful and unique car.:grumpy:

The Viper is doomed IMO. It's going more mainstream. I'm sure it will sell but as Ralph said it will compete with Porsche and other cars like that. I preferred when the Viper was in its own league.

It also appears dodge is going the caddy route where every vehicle in the lineup shares a slew of design cues. This is evident in the new charger with those ridiculous/out of place lines on the side that mimic the profile of the viper. Terrible.

Ugly, but flattering they would use V-10 and chassis.

I agree it's flattering they want the Viper as the base.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with all the new supercars looking like the old Z3 M coupe? I'm not a fan of this bodystyle... And I doubt they'd put an American made motor into a Euro car. I'm sure the Europeans would think that in of itself is blasphemy as much as we do!

Good thing Carroll Shelby didn't follow this line of thought when he decided to put the Ford V8 in the AC cars to create the original Shelby Cobras.......... whew!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also appears dodge is going the caddy route where every vehicle in the lineup shares a slew of design cues. This is evident in the new charger with those ridiculous/out of place lines on the side that mimic the profile of the viper.

I'm pretty sure those mimic the original Chargers...look nearly identical!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It also appears dodge is going the caddy route where every vehicle in the lineup shares a slew of design cues. This is evident in the new charger with those ridiculous/out of place lines on the side that mimic the profile of the viper. Terrible.

Pretty much every car manufacturer makes certain styling cues a theme on their cars. Dodge has been using viper cues on it's cars since 1992 and have been been pointing them out in certain advertisements, so it is nothing new.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth