Board will closed in 5 minutes for upgrade!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair warning.
supergrin.gif

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a ****, so please pardon me if I sound like one. I know you put a lot of time into making the board work for all of us who enjoy using it.
Here's the question. Why is the new board better? I don't have a spell checker and I can't see at a glance when someone has posted to a thread since my last post. Those are problems that I can work with but what did we gain?

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patience. Give it a few days or a week; we're just getting started.

Take the time to look around and see all the possible features; once you do, you'll be amazed at what is different about the boards. If you are just going on looks - then you're missing 80% of the benefits (and not all the benefits are about you the user; they are also for us the developers and admins).

Looks at all the new things you get versus looking for the things you find missing. More than likely, they will be added soon.

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a ****, so please pardon me if I sound like one. I know you put a lot of time into making the board work for all of us who enjoy using it.
Here's the question. Why is the new board better? I don't have a spell checker and I can't see at a glance when someone has posted to a thread since my last post. Those are problems that I can work with but what did we gain?

We gained a faster, more efficient process. We gained the ability for you to NOT see images, sigs...or TO view the forums in more than one way.

Almost three years ago when we went to UBB MANY people wanted the ability to view things in a "threaded" format (like the BBS before the UBB). At the time there was this little bit of software called WWWThreads, and it did just that. BUT...development of UBB was far ahead of WWThreads at the time. Well, UBB boought Threads and developed it to what it is now...and those who still want the threaded view can now have it....while those who like the "flat" format can have theirs as well. Whats more...YOU can decide in your profile.

The whole Avatar deal, for me, is much easier. You still send me the image, but now I can size it, upload it, and enable it faster than before (no more e-mails with instructions on how to enable it).

Changing things on the board, as far as HOW things are displayed, is TONS easier.

Did I say we use a much faster and more efficient system to store the messages?

Mostly EVERYTHING you liked in the old board will be put back into this board, it juat takes a little time. :) We got to a point where we had to make the move PRIOR to adding many of these features. The move itself was out limiting factor...trying to time it right, MP and I finding the time (at the same time) to get together on the phone....All the "lipstick and rouge" items a geedunk (Navy term for candy) now that the massive move is done.

I have Spel chk ( :) ) ready to go...but it is drawing near the end of the weekend and I have to work early in the AM. I'll likely do it tomorrow night (unless MP finds time first). We're a good team..MP is amazing when it comes to this stuff. It WILL pay off in the end, honest! :)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Thanks for getting the spell check feature back.

As for viewing threads, I don't get it, all of the posts I look at seem to be in threads already, all under one topic heading.

And it would be nice to see at a glance who was the last post on a topic.

But again, you guys are the ones that have to work with the mechanics of the board and if you think it's better, you must be right. Thanks for all the time you put into it.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just realized that I don't know how to actually make the spell checker work. I can make it do the spell check but I can't figure out how to get it make the changes in the text.

Reaction score
I just realized that I don't know how to actually make the spell checker work. I can make it do the spell check but I can't figure out how to get it make the changes in the text.

To an extent, that is still work in progress. It works....you just have to do the spell check, then appy any changes, and COPY and PASTE the corrected text into your message. One Stop Shopping is soon to come. :) (meaning it will become a much smoother operation). :)

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to still be able to click on a avitar and enlarge the size of the picture? As of right now you can't. :confused:

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I've had my first cup of coffee. Let me rephrase that - "Once again, as we've said numerous time, please be patient. We are working on adding back certain features, but we also have to write more scripts to import some data. Before you complain about missing features, take a look at the new features and give us time to put the old ones into place."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456