Bounce plus bottled water= no more bugs!

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be Bounce brand dryer sheets. Dip them in the bottled water really well. Start wiping the car off- watch the bugs just MELT off.:omg:

p.s. This does not scratch the paint.:drive:

edit- I am speaking if you had a ton of bugs on the front fascia, not just 2 or 3 on the car...especially if you are on route to another city and cannot wash the car.

Last edited:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll try it tonight, I have a ton of bugs on the front of my car! Did you read the MSDS? I'll try to find one online. Might be good to know what's in Bounce.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a popular tip here a while ago. I think it worked best with non-scented/dyed Bounce sheets.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found that it left a film/haze that I had to use detailer to then get rid of. I just use the detailer as I always have. Spray it on and let sit a minute or so and the bugs come off fine... seemed silly to add an extra step.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, well known. And yes, it does leave a film. I don't do it unless I'm going to wash the car.

For a situation as described I use Adams waterless wash, let it soak a minute, wipe the bugs off.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently clayed, polished and waxed the Viper. I can't believe how the bugs just wipe right off now when I wash it.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, there are some questions about dryer sheets and cancer. Apparently some of the chemicals used in them are carcinogens.

As I understand it, the government doesn't have a problem with them in their intended use as they don't come in contact with skin.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. Perhaps not even two cents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss