Brake job cost?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the average price you guys are paying to have a brake job done?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$1500 for Roe lightweight 14" brake kit. EBC pads, 2 piece totors, Brembo calipers, SS lines. Installed it myself.

Ted

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cost of pads plus a low profile jack (or borrow one). Don't let the price tag and performance fool you. Brake jobs on these cars are simple. Make sure you sand/scuff the rotors if replacing the stock OE pads with an aftermarket type of a different material.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer charged me $350 for pads, rotors, and S/S brake line installation on all 4 corners and $75 for brake fluid flush. 2003 SRT-10. I provided parts, Viper tech did the work. Very happy with the service and felt the price was right since I was very limited on time.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped the rotors and pads out on my 2006 in about 2 hours, taking my time. That should give you a ballpark labor figure, on the higher end since I did them at a slower pace than an experienced tech should. If I were in a hurry I'm sure I could do them again in an hour if I had a lift and air tools ready.

Tony

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I concur, brakes are an EASY job if you take your time, torque and locktite (if necessary) all bolts....sometimes caliper bracket bolts need to be replaced on some cars, not sure if the Viper follows that trend.

The brake hardware on this car is absolutely phenomenal.

It's very rare that the front and rear get the same ROYAL treatment in terms of the delicious calipers and rotors. Most marques downsize the rear brake hardware. Not here. Beautiful Brembo 4 piston calipers front and rear with massive 14+ inch vented platters for rotors. The separate, required, parking brake caliper by Brembo is a nice touch.

Truly world class brakes we have on this car and would cost close to $7000 (MSRP) to retrofit on other, lesser vehicles.

If you look under the hood even the hydraulic brake system is top notch. Look at the reservoir for the clutch. AP Racing hardware there!!!! (if memory serves me correctly)

If you do the brakes yourself, just make sure you crack the bleed ******* (there are two) on each caliper to bleed the brakes. Don't push old fluid back into the system just by opening the brake fluid reservoir and pushing the pistons back into the bores. That is lazy and INCORRECT way do do a brake job and it's amazing how many FAQ's fail to mention this. Doing this incorrectly could also screw up the ABS system by introducing particulates into the system.

Bleed the brakes every year or two. One of the most OVERLOOKED fluids in a vehicle here in the US of A.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped the rotors and pads out on my 2006 in about 2 hours, taking my time. That should give you a ballpark labor figure, on the higher end since I did them at a slower pace than an experienced tech should. If I were in a hurry I'm sure I could do them again in an hour if I had a lift and air tools ready.

Tony

Tony is right on the mark here. It is real easy to change out just the brake pads. I have a set of 4 EBC RED STUFF Brake Pads that I will let go for less than cost if anyone needs them. I took them in trade toward other items. Just PM me if interested. You can see them here on my site.

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog