Brake pad recommendations

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 4 wheel StopTech Big brake kit (355 mm front rotors, 328 mm rear, 4 piston calipers) which comes with Axxis ULT pads that are recommended for aggressive street and autocross. Ideally, I want something that I could use for road course track events and occasional street use so I would not be required to have one set of rotors and pads for the street and one set for the track. I understand that good track pads will not perform very well on the street when cool. However, I am not sure just how much performance is lost and how hard and frequently you have to use racing pads to keep them working at an acceptable level on the street.

Can anyone recommend any brake pads that might accomplish the above? From previous searches, Brakeman 3’s, PFC 01’s, and Mintex (not sure which ones) seem to be popular. I am waiting on a call from StopTech to see what pads are even available for the calipers but wanted to get some of your opinions before bedding in the Axxis pads that I may not even use.

(After talking to someone from StopTech, it sounds like it will be difficult to have a good compromise. He recommended two sets of pads and stated that I could re-bed the pads for track events. He also suggested that running the track pads on the street without heating them up too much would actually "clean" the rotors and that they would not stay bedded under light use. Cosequently, what would be your recommendations on a pure track pad?)

Last edited:

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PAGID yellow endurance racing pads. They have a a new compound available. I believe its number 28. I run them on the street/autobahn everyday and at track events on Hochenheim Ring Germany. They work well racing as well as on the autobahn.
Andrew

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a big proponent of the Hawk brake products pads as is StopTech .... Hawk HPS are great for street use with a little AutoX or mild track stuff

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Had very good luck with the PFC's and the Mintex at the front. Prefer the PFC's, but only slightly.

Brakeman threes work OK on the rear.

Kinda depends on your set up, the track, tires, brake bias, etc.

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had very good luck with the PFC's and the Mintex at the front. Prefer the PFC's, but only slightly.

Brakeman threes work OK on the rear.

Kinda depends on your set up, the track, tires, brake bias, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is an old thread but I still have not purchased any track pads and have an event coming up in July.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave