Can 08 tire pressure sensors be used on a 06

ViperPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a set of 08 wheels with sensors for my 06, are the pressure sensors compatable?

If so, does anyone know how to reset them to work short of going to the dealership?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'ld like to know too. I bought a set of '05-'06 (ten spoke)wheels w/ sensors for my '08, but I have'ne had a chance to use them yet.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need a Tire Pressure Monitoring System scanner to reset them without a visit to a dealer or tire shop. They can be picked up for around $200 on ebay. You basically have to put the vehicle in "Learn Mode" and then place the TPMS scanner on each tire so that it can activate the sensor and send the info to the vehicle. Each brand/type of car has a different learn mode method, all of this info usually comes with the scanner.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my '06 and put the wheels and tires from my new 08 on it. I just put them on and they were fine. Guys had the car a few weeks and no issues, I guess they were smart enough already?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sold my '06 and put the wheels and tires from my new 08 on it. I just put them on and they were fine. Guys had the car a few weeks and no issues, I guess they were smart enough already?

He will be calling. Sometime it takes a couple hundred mile on the odo. for it to start "dinging" and displaying "LOTIRE"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave