Can someone re-check car width re: trailering???

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the car really CANNOT get any wider due to some racing regulations. Besides it would be a major GAFFE if D-C produced a car that could not fit in ANY trailer. We have about 2-3 inches between our wheels and the wheel wells in our trailer - don't expect either the Comp Coupe OR the SRT/10 to get any wider. Looks wider? Maybe. Is wider, nope. I'll do a search on this site - I believe width was discussed and confirmed to be same / similar. Will edit with link if I can find it.

___
EDIT

From the Competition Coupe SPecs posted here a while ago - expect the SRT/10 to be the same...

DIMENSIONS/CAPACITIES

Wheelbase 98.8 inches
Track, Front 61.6 inches
Track, Rear 64.6 inches
Overall Length 184.1 inches
Overall Width 77.2 inches (body), 79.1 inches (mirrors)
Overall Height 46.7 inches
Ground Clearance 3.0 inches
Curb Weight 3,200 lbs.
Weight Distribution, F/R 50/50
Frontal Area 21.5 ft
Drag Coefficient .40

Hope this helps.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richard, when you asked the exact dimensions, I called a member who was at the plant and asked them to actually measure the SRT10. They came back with this info:

The width is STILL 77", but the mirrors are much farther out on the new version. What you will notice is that the doors will be right out to the edge on the new one. The original had the doors cutting back in towards the frame and then flaring out at the hod and rear fenders. In this Viper the Middle of the car is where it is wider. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth