Can this soft top fit a different year?

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will a 2001 RT/10 soft top fit a 1995 RT/10?
Will hard sided windows (Batman style) work with a soft top?
Thanks for the help-
MsRapps

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just guessing, but I thought the first & second gen tops were different.

I'd recommend getting the 3 piece top from AP Engineering / Mach 7 Motorsports. It's a great upgrade from the OEM soft top. They sell windows too that are good.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will a 2001 RT/10 soft top fit a 1995 RT/10?
Will hard sided windows (Batman style) work with a soft top?
Thanks for the help-
MsRapps

Yes it will, but the front "pins" need to be changed to the gen.1 style. Also, the rubber weatherstripping is different. I made a 99 top work on my 94 for 2 years.:2tu:

What kind of windows???

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will fit, but with gaps. Usually in the very front of the windows due to the shape of the GenII top. Don't listen to SNKEBIT, he has a Gen I coupe :eek:

Whoever heard of a convertible that you can't take the top off of......................... :D :D

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the windows are Northwest Engineering sliders painted red. They'll work with the original soft top... (don't know about gen 2 to gen 1 conversions for soft tops). Great window IMO. They open easily for toll booths etc. and actually lock closed so the doors can't be opened from outside. It's a good design. The drawback is the small windows size makes the cabin seem even smaller.... no squeeks or rattles from the ones I had!

I think the best bet for soft top use is to also use the soft windows..

I could be wrong about the mfgr... it's been a few years since I've seen sliders on my car. I sold a '95 with 'em three years ago. Driving a '94 now with Vipermania windows these days.

= J