Can you remove alarm module so it's not pulling juice from battery?

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you remove alarm module so it\'s not pulling juice from battery?

Something is pulling some huge amps from my battery and one of the things JonB suggested was my alarm was going bad. Does anyone know if you can unattach it and if you can, where is it at?

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can you remove alarm module so it\'s not pulling juice from battery?

Mine is in the driver's footwell on the inside wall, closest to your right knee. It is held in with a rubber band-type strap and there are one or two cable connectors on it. You need to be a bit of a contortionist but it isn't too hard to get out

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can you remove alarm module so it\'s not pulling juice from battery?

This is a subject near and dear to me also. My 99 has the same issue. I don't have the correct amp meter to determine exactly how much amperage is being pulled but suffice it to say its way over the 35ma max(if my memory serves me) the book says it should pull. Thus, the battery is discharged in a couple of days, even with the trickle charger hooked up.

The solution, which is not a solution but a work around, is to pull a fuze under the hood. It's the 30 amp fuze under the hood in the lower left hand corner of the fuze block looking down from the drivers side. This certainly keeps the battery charged but is a huge pain since you have to pull and replace and the fuze can and does get broken (I know). As I said this is a temporary work around.

What is the permanent fix? What does it take to bring the car into factory spec? I don't have the answer to this yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets