• California Cover Superwave cover

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • CoverKing StormProof cover

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a good outdoor cover to protect my car when not indoors. Aftar searching the forums and talking to several manufacturers I have come down to 3 options. All three of them are willing to make a custom car cover to fit the street serpent body. They are all similarly priced varying for no more than 50 bucks... so it comes down to which cover is best so vote your favorite if you have experience with any or several of this.

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am very happy with the StormProof cover. I've used it for the last 4 months with no signs of wear or fading. It fits my GTS perfectly, water beads up and rolls right off. The only thing it isn't good for is preventing from chips or dents.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A cover that doesn't have a ton of bulk can be an advantage when it's time to wash it. I got tired of going to laundromats just to wash a car cover... it's gotta fit in a home machine for me. Believe me, if your car is clean and detailed, you won't want to put a dirty cover on it, so the ability to wash the damn thing is key. Some of those "outdoor fabrics" (like Evolution/Stormweave or canvas/cotton) start breaking down and leaving fiber all over the car, so I prefer the CoverKing satin stretch type indoors or the Silverguard outdoors. The Superweave looks good to me, but I haven't owned one. They say Superweave can be put in a dryer, which says to me it probably won't disintegrate and shed all over your car after a while like some of the others.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A cover that doesn't have a ton of bulk can be an advantage when it's time to wash it. I got tired of going to laundromats just to wash a car cover... it's gotta fit in a home machine for me. Believe me, if your car is clean and detailed, you won't want to put a dirty cover on it, so the ability to wash the damn thing is key. Some of those "outdoor fabrics" (like Evolution/Stormweave or canvas/cotton) start breaking down and leaving fiber all over the car, so I prefer the CoverKing satin stretch type indoors or the Silverguard outdoors. The Superweave looks good to me, but I haven't owned one. They say Superweave can be put in a dryer, which says to me it probably won't disintegrate and shed all over your car after a while like some of the others.

Good point. I think the one from California Covers is the only one that is machine washable. I like the fact that snakeoyl's has the viper logo and you can do custom embroidery but protecting the car is so much more important than having a cover that reminds you what's waiting below it.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to updated this. I went with California Covers as they were the best at answering my questions, their covers seem top notch and many members are happy with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave