Tom
Xtreme631/1
Snakepit Mike

Last edited:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car Show & BBQ Beach Party: May 15

Jon thanks again for putting in the ring and pinion, the gear whine is totally gone, great work! I'll be back in a couple of weeks to change all the fluids. Glad your going to be able to make this event to meet more people and enjoy the car :2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Confirmed:
1Koolasp 00GTS
Nick
TJ
Adrian/1
Chazz/1
ViperJ
Russ
Paul G
Lou
Edgar
Joe Bruni
Steve Brown/1
Mike/Barb
Rocky/1
Rich L
Edgar
Frank
Steven/Maria ?
Tom
Xtreme631/1
Snakepit Mike
04MambaNYC
Heskell/1 ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Confirmed:
1Koolasp 00GTS
Nick
TJ
Adrian/1
Chazz/1
ViperJ
Russ
Paul G
Lou
Edgar
Joe Bruni
Steve Brown/1
Mike/Barb
Rocky/1
Rich L
Edgar
Frank
Tom
Xtreme631/1
Snakepit Mike
04MambaNYC
James Forte
Richard Saracino
Steven/Maria
Phil/1 ?
Heskell/1 ?

After the car show some of us might cruise to Ragazzi (Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar | Long Island Italian Restaurant in Nesconset) for lunch and special thanks to Joe Bruni :2tu:

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy cow that is a lot of folks going to this BBQ. Wish they were all doing the same event that day, would be a heck of a gathering.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorely wish I could make this one :puppy:... hopefully VOI 12 will again be worth it!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow! We have a serious list for this show also!!! I wish I could attend both events this weekend. I hope someone is going to take a few group pictures - I'll have plenty of shots from Saratoga.

...We may be setting some kind of record this weekend for total club attendance at 2 simultaneous shows :headbang:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice showing for the BBQ! Saratoga will see lots of Vipers as well.

Would be nice if events were not scheduled on top of one another...just imagine 40+ Vipers showing up at an event! Would certainly attract lots of attention.:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would be nice if events were not scheduled on top of one another...just imagine 40+ Vipers showing up at an event! Would certainly attract lots of attention.:D

Great theory but in reality it doesn't happen that way. We can't force folks to attend events they're not going to attend. That's been tried and has failed miserably. Likewise, we can't shut out or alienate segments of members in our region from attending events closer to home. While Tator Toga is a stellar event, the fact of the matter is that most folks out near L.I. are not going to make the 3+ hour trip for it even though they fully support Chuck.

However, I foresee 40+, perhaps 100+ Vipers converging on a single location in our near future if/when Chuck is ready to host his legendary BBQ at the infamous Tator's Garage. :D When that happens...:omg:...oh my!

In the meantime, Tator Toga will continue to evolve and attendance will go up each year. Chuck has done a magnificent job with TatorToga. And this event draws attendance from other neighboring regions, even over the border. I'll continue to use my influence at the national level to continue hyping and promoting Tator Toga into more of a zone event and garner more attendance.

What's is amazing is that our club can have a huge presence, in two places, nearly at the same time. :omg: This support speaks to the level of commitment, enthusiasm and overall excitement our members have in this club. I may be bit biased when saying this but NY/CT rocks! :headbang:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great theory but in reality it doesn't happen that way. We can't force folks to attend events they're not going to attend. That's been tried and has failed miserably. Likewise, we can't shut out or alienate segments of members in our region from attending events closer to home. While Tator Toga is a stellar event, the fact of the matter is that most folks out near L.I. are not going to make the 3+ hour trip for it even though they fully support Chuck.

However, I foresee 40+, perhaps 100+ Vipers converging on a single location in our near future if/when Chuck is ready to host his legendary BBQ at the infamous Tator's Garage. :D When that happens...:omg:...oh my!

In the meantime, Tator Toga will continue to evolve and attendance will go up each year. Chuck has done a magnificent job with TatorToga. And this event draws attendance from other neighboring regions, even over the border. I'll continue to use my influence at the national level to continue hyping and promoting Tator Toga into more of a zone event and garner more attendance.

What's is amazing is that our club can have a huge presence, in two places, nearly at the same time. :omg: This support speaks to the level of commitment, enthusiasm and overall excitement our members have in this club. I may be bit biased when saying this but NY/CT rocks! :headbang:
It's one thing to harbor a reasonable opinion, but there are many (obviously) that beg to differ. If you would take a breather from the continual suppression of alternative opinions it would go a long way towards gaining some deference from members. I am a tad fearful to express too much of an alternative opinion to the “Family Matrix” since a tangential opinion is construed as an attempt to “bring down the region”.

Nonetheless, as an expression of constructive concern, there’s much regarding “your facts” that are incorrect (arguable at a minimum). That’s certainly acceptable, but you clearly have no interest in scrutinizing any of the circumstances surrounding what you’ve heard and been told. Some of your assertions about member choices and opinions are not what you insist they are.

Simply put, it has and always will be inappropriate to run competing events in a region, despite your convincing yourself that 3 hours driving distance constitutes the definitive definition of “non-compete”. Especially when Tatortoga is well attended by the Buffalo/Western NY members of the region, two Canadian regions and the NE region.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's one thing to harbor a reasonable opinion, but there are many (obviously) that beg to differ. If you would take a breather from the continual suppression of alternative opinions it would go a long way towards gaining some deference from members. I am a tad fearful to express too much of an alternative opinion to the “Family Matrix” since a tangential opinion is construed as an attempt to “bring down the region”.

Suppression? Me? LMFAO. Opinions are fine. It's the other drama and lies you spread that are pathetic attempts to bring down a region in which you are no longer a part of. By the way, you have yet to address the b.s. you posted on the other site. I'm not done over there. Why not address that crap you posted over there with actual facts Mr. Scrutiny? :eater:

CitySnake said:
Nonetheless, as an expression of constructive concern, there’s much regarding “your facts” that are incorrect (arguable at a minimum). That’s certainly acceptable, but you clearly have no interest in scrutinizing any of the circumstances surrounding what you’ve heard and been told. Some of your assertions about member choices and opinions are not what you insist they are.
CitySnake said:
Simply put, it has and always will be inappropriate to run competing events in a region, despite your convincing yourself that 3 hours driving distance constitutes the definitive definition of “non-compete”. Especially when Tatortoga is well attended by the Buffalo/Western NY members of the region, two Canadian regions and the NE region.

Scott, it's not inappropriate except in your own mind. That's OK, we all have opinions but in your case it goes against your agenda. But the fact and reality of it is that the NY/CT membership wants these events. Neither compete with each other. You believe that holding one event is going to force more members to attend the single event when historically that's not been the case especially with Saratoga. For whatever reasons, we have members downstate that aren't going to attend an event 3+ hours away. They've told us such, they've shown us such and they asked for an alternative. That's just fact and that comes from the members, not me.

Don't take my word for it, look at the attendance list for both events. My facts, are simply that, facts and not the b.s. lies you spread amuck.

For those that aren't aware, back in February the NY/CT officers met and we discussed holding this multi-event weekend. In attendance were myself, Adrian, Chuck, Skeeter, Ed, Jimmy, Steve K and Steve. We asked Chuck specifically if holding the BBQ event was going to be a problem for his event and that we won't do it if he felt it would hinder Tator Toga. Chuck and everyone else in the room agreed that it wouldn't be a problem since (a.) the folks that want the BBQ event are not going to Saratoga no matter what and (b.) it creates the flexibility of holding one event for upstate and one for downstate which aren't competing with each other.

So if it's good enough for Chuck and the rest of the of the crew as well as the members that asked for these events, how can my facts be inaccurate Scott? :dunno:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, clearly not getting into this, so I will express my own opinion as one who has actually been in charge of setting up and running a large concours for the Classic Jaguar Club way back when.

Competing events are bound to happy but, rather than say "well that's just the way it is", a concerted effort to manage a Region wide calendar that talks to all areas BEFORE scheduling would eliminate some date conflicts.

That said, it is inevitable that events in different areas will happen on the same day...they members can choose whichever they prefer to attend.

I beg to differ a little on the commment about LI members not willing to travel to Saratoga. My feeling is that some, maybe not many, would be willing if they had the option. But, with an event being held on the Island, I too would go to the one on the Island if it was the same day and I lived nearby.

For me personally, I am in the VCA for the enjoyment of owning a Viper and the membership. I have been there/done that with the politics of clubs (Jaguar/Porsche) and don't want any of it. I am just expressing a personal opinion.

:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Competing events are bound to happy but, rather than say "well that's just the way it is", a concerted effort to manage a Region wide calendar that talks to all areas BEFORE scheduling would eliminate some date conflicts.

Peter, we did this...and this is why we meet in February to plan out the calendar (as we do every year). And we agreed this is not an issue for most.

Vipuronr said:
I beg to differ a little on the commment about LI members not willing to travel to Saratoga. My feeling is that some, maybe not many, would be willing if they had the option. But, with an event being held on the Island, I too would go to the one on the Island if it was the same day and I lived nearby.

Peter, you may have missed it but the downstate folks asked for this event, many of them asked for it as evidenced by the attendance list. In years where we didn't have two events on weekend, thus only one option for these folks, most of them didn't attend Saratoga for various reasons. So...why alienate a segment of the membership by not offering an event THEY want?

For me personally, I am in the VCA for the enjoyment of owning a Viper and the membership. I have been there/done that with the politics of clubs (Jaguar/Porsche) and don't want any of it. I am just expressing a personal opinion.:D

We value your opinion Peter, keep 'em coming. :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get it, okay, just expressing! Not sure why moving the BBQ date or planning it on another day would allienate members, but alright...if that's the case. I don't know how the LI members generally feel, so I can't comment.

That's all I have to say, no more comments on this subject from me.;):bonker::brick::crazy2::pile::hit::catfight: :box:

.....politics are a funny thing!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get it, okay, just expressing! Not sure why moving the BBQ date or planning it on another day would allienate members, but alright...if that's the case. I don't know how the LI members generally feel, so I can't comment.

Peter...the All-American Car-B-Que is not run by us, they schedule it every year on the same weekend as Saratoga: May 15th. Much like Saratoga, we're at the mercy of the entity running the event. Do you understand that? :dunno:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Suppression? Me? LMFAO. Opinions are fine. It's the other drama and lies you spread that are pathetic attempts to bring down a region in which you are no longer a part of. By the way, you have yet to address the b.s. you posted on the other site. I'm not done over there. Why not address that crap you posted over there with actual facts Mr. Scrutiny? :eater:

Scott, it's not inappropriate except in your own mind. That's OK, we all have opinions but in your case it goes against your agenda. But the fact and reality of it is that the NY/CT membership wants these events. Neither compete with each other. You believe that holding one event is going to force more members to attend the single event when historically that's not been the case especially with Saratoga. For whatever reasons, we have members downstate that aren't going to attend an event 3+ hours away. They've told us such, they've shown us such and they asked for an alternative. That's just fact and that comes from the members, not me.

Don't take my word for it, look at the attendance list for both events. My facts, are simply that, facts and not the b.s. lies you spread amuck.

For those that aren't aware, back in February the NY/CT officers met and we discussed holding this multi-event weekend. In attendance were myself, Adrian, Chuck, Skeeter, Ed, Jimmy, Steve K and Steve. We asked Chuck specifically if holding the BBQ event was going to be a problem for his event and that we won't do it if he felt it would hinder Tator Toga. Chuck and everyone else in the room agreed that it wouldn't be a problem since (a.) the folks that want the BBQ event are not going to Saratoga no matter what and (b.) it creates the flexibility of holding one event for upstate and one for downstate which aren't competing with each other.

So if it's good enough for Chuck and the rest of the of the crew as well as the members that asked for these events, how can my facts be inaccurate Scott? :dunno:

On the other site, I've stated clearly why I have not responded to your post. I am not pleased to interact with you here, but I feel compelled to respond to bullying.

In your boorish and inflexible quest to insure that you are always completely correct, you miss so much of the nuance and subtlety of what goes on around you. So many of your facts are based on confrontational situations. Some (as evidenced right here in this thread) are uncomfortable with making their sincere feelings known in such a situation. If you ever took a moment to even consider such intricacy (something that's far more obvious to those not inclined to coerce for self benefit), you might notice. But that's not your style of leadership :dunno:.

BTW, are you capable of communicating a single time in a public forum without spewing some form foul language? Every on-line conversation with you ends with my washing my hands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave