Car Show - Zionsville, IN July 7, 2012

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late notice but I wanted to let folks know about a car show in Zionsville on Saturday July 7th. The show is put on by Jim Cunningham who is primarily a classic mustang guy, recognized for his work on old mustangs, most notably a 1970 Boss 429 (at one point the "highest rated" thoroughbred 1970 Boss 9). Unless one of us shows up, not likely to be any other Vipers. I would expect some classic muscle though. Some great cars in Z-ville and hopefully a few will show up on Saturday. Weather permitting, I plan to bring my '77 Bandit or the Viper (I am afraid the old guy may overheat).

July 7 at Zionsville American Legion Post 79 at 9950 E. 600 S. Zionsville 46077

Registration 12:00 to 1:00
Show 1-3:30
Awards at 3:30

Best of Show, Class Prizes, and Dash Plates ( New this year "The Robin Buckmaster Mustang Award" )
Participation Donation 25.00 Included 2 lunch tickets

Legion will be open to the public

Motorcycle Ride: Registration 8:30 - Ride 9:00

More Information:
WWW.andysride.org

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Dirk...your post may draw a few cars from the Northside C&C (96th & Meridian) that breaks up around noon Saturday.

For those who might have trouble with the link, this is a charity event that raises SCHOLARSHIP money...see "Mission" as stated in link:
"MISSION

Andy’s Ride is a memorial tribute to Andy Buckmaster. In September 2006, Andy was lost due to injuries from a motorcycle accident. Andy had been looking forward to the ride being planned by Salem Methodist Church Outreach Committee. The Committee has dedicated the ride to Andy’s memory. Andy lived, dreamed and rode motorcycles, dirt bikes, and 4 wheelers from the age of four. He was 21 years old at the time of his accident. Even at this young age, it is doubtful many of us have logged as many hours on a bike as he did. Motorcycles in any form were his sincere passion. Andy was a Zionsville student from
kindergarten on and attended J. Everett Light Career center, graduating in the auto body program in 2003. He had additional seminar training on custom painting, along with private classes on custom airbrush design. He was devoted to his unique skills in this line of work, not necessarily the academic studies. In seeing the void of available scholarships for students entering in trade
studies, Robin and Candace Buckmaster, parents of Andy and Jeff Ottinger, uncle to Andy want to provide scholarships to this type of training. Your support to Andy’s Ride will enable scholarships to become funded for trade studies such as
Andy had attended. In our world, we all depend on skilled craftsmen for repair work, customizing, restoring, and artistic expression. We thank you for helping us continue this support in Andy’s memory. "

MAP LINK: http://www.manta.com/cmap/mm2507d/american-legion

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
HOT DAY...103 so far !! There were several interesting cars...and one Viper present.

At least TWO IN/KY VCA Members showed up to support this event. SPECIAL THSANKS to "Dirk Pitt" for the heads-up...and the support!!

OP
OP
Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a HOT day, probably too hot for many folks to bring their cars out. I opted to leave the '77 Bandit at home and brought the '97 Viper instead. Although a lonely Viper, it did win the award for best car post-1975. I now have a nice plaque hanging on my wall, next to my 6' fathead photo of the Viper in my garage.

It is an annual show and the folks putting on the show are doing it for a good cause. It is in honor of a young motorcycle/car enthusiast (Andy) who lost his life in a motorcycle accident a few years back. In addition to the car show, there is a motorcyle ride in the morning (about 100 miles they said). Despite the heat, the organizers did a great job with providing food for all those in attendance (barbecue, hot dogs and all the fixins) as well as a nice raffle with dozens of gifts. There was even a live band with music during lunch. All these festivities were indoors so it was a great way to beat the heat. I would certainly recommend the event to others in the future. Although small today, this is the type of event I could see growing in the future.